I only want to help

Redarcher20
Last month ago my aunt was rushed to emergency room and suffered of hemorrhagic stroke. She was of kind of stubborn and refused to be treated before she had this. Being stubborn runs in my mother's family side apparently. I suggested to all that she needed to be transported in ambulance and not in our car because I believe she wouldn't make it because I saw few symptoms that cannot be ignored and waited out. If I didn't still push to call the ambulance she wouldn't make because in the ambulance, she went in arrest and I have to revive her stat. I'm a nurse but I practice teaching. I took all the decisions despite the protest of my other aunt who is with me during the emergency. My parents take care of my aunts house while I'm busy conducting with the emergency staff. As I'm thankful to all people who helped us and God for his guidance. Now this is where it goes complicated, my sick aunt is now on road of recovery and I supervise the caregivers who renders care to her. My sick aunt asked me a favor to gather all her money and pool them together. I asked my mother and my aunt for permission since its their home. Too much of my dismay, I was stunned to know that almost nothing left in her money. Large sums of money were withdrawn and I tried to find where it went and when I found out...It was my cousin who took it! I didn't know how can we make the ends meet with this little amount of money left. My sick aunt only relies on pension and small businesses for everyday expenses and it only enough to buy medicines and healthcare. I told my mother to at least advice my sick aunt to hold on to her money since she won't listen to me because she think that I'm after her money. I still care for my aunts despite of their past treatment to my family before and forgiven them. I know it is lonely without family and no one cares for them but only us. I want my cousin to stop asking money because of her predicament she is in. Her being stubborn and don't want to listen to reason makes it harder for me to take care of her and always thinks about my cousin whom she deemed as son. I do talk to my cousin, he will hate me forever. He has changed into no good...he used to be my best guy whenever I need someone to talk to and now he's married with a rich wannabe who I think is after my aunt for inheritance. His mother died last year and no inheritance left for him and left most of her properties to his older brother and sister. Now our biggest problem...her house was robbed last week and all her pocket money and prized jewels were stolen. We begged everyone not to tell her because she will not take it well and it might cause her to panic and her blood pressure is quite unstable. We were trying to find who did this...but I noticed the robbery is too detailed. My sick aunt's room was ransacked while other aunt is barely touched only few were taken. My sick aunt doesn't use bank so most of her expensive stuffs were taken. The police told us it might be someone we know and I believe I have an idea who it is...it might be their adopted daughter who live with them but in ambiguous terms. I had my suspicions on my own because I asked her to come with me and watch her reaction inside the ransacked room. I saw nothing and she only moved her eyes around. I had my sources say that she is involved but I cannot prove it yet. My mind couldn't accept this...so we did our own investigation. My aunt noticed a hole slightly gouged in the bathroom's ceiling and asked us to look at it and found few butts of cigarette and the path leads to the adopted daughter's home and connected to their ceiling. My dad went inside the hole and followed the trail. My aunt's and this adopted daughter's home were pretty close to each other so it's easy to do it. My mom saw her expression turned pale and kept spewing excuses why it has a hole in there. She was backed up by her son for excuses. For security purposes we hired a security for their peace of mind. Now I believe she has a partner to do this...I do not know yet since we are still in the middle of investigation. I don't want to trust this adopted woman visiting to my aunt and my cousin also. My mother said just let it be and focus on helping my aunts since it already happened and hope for the best. She told me not to meddle to much and act on my own. What should I do now? I'm having doubts because my friends tell me that I should follow my mom but my heart says do what as I see fit. If you want to know more details I would be more than happy to tell you. I want to hear your thoughts.