How to Stay Balanced When You Are Busy: 5 Simple Steps

vivien.smith.9862

How often do you find yourself checking your phone before you get up from bed or missing out the breakfast just because you need to get to work timely? Do your days look like a non-stop marathon and until the evening you feel absolutely exhausted? If so, then probably you need to use natural grounding practice to avoid imbalance during the day.

You can fall into the trap of busyness, just when you spend all days long rushing around in unsuccessful attempts to get things done. However, in fact, it’s almost impossible to feel grounded when you don’t take the time to slow down, relax and take care of yourself. Tried to get up earlier then you have to, but come in nowhere? Gaining energy and staying focused through the day can be as simple as pausing midday for a short warm-up or taking a few deep breaths before getting out of bed in the morning. Of course, we all have so many points on our to-do list. However, it’s significant to take self-care seriously to stay balanced and productive. Here’re top 5 simple steps that help you feel grounded and normalize your schedule of the day.

• Enjoy quite moments
Slowing down is an effective practice that calm the nervous system and help to regulate your thoughts. There are numerous ways how we can notice and appreciate little quite moments in our day-to-day life: make a cup of your favorite tea or coffee, start to keep a diary of your dreams and future plans, or try some meditation practices.

• Move your body
It’s an undeniable fact that regular exercises reduce stress and anxiety in our life that seem to be a usual thing in a busy lifestyle. Living your days in a move can be easy as brisk work in the park. In case if exercising alone isn’t your cup of tea, you can grab a friend and go to the dance class. Be proactive! Moving will reduce the stress and energize your days.

• Eat breakfast
Never underestimate the value of nourishing breakfast because it’s a cornerstone of self-care. Always keep in mind that it’s important for your body to receive a meal in the morning to steady your blood sugar. When the level of sugar is on the blink in the morning, it pushes for making unwise food decisions. Make the breakfast your morning priority and take enough time for it in your schedule.

• Smile
If you feel stressed and frantic, just try to smile. Who would have thought that simple smile can bring a sense of joy to your life? It enhances our immune system, increases serotonin (the hormone of happiness) and boosts our well-being. Yes, it might seem silly, but a great part of being balanced during busy weeks requires coming out from our zone of comfort and trying new things. Next time when you need to feel refreshed, put a big smile on your face and look what happens.

• Stay offline
For a few seconds, think about last time when you have just woken up and immediately checked your social media and emails. Nowadays, all of us are on a deadline, and there are always so many things that are calling our attention away from here and now. Try an experiment: for the next week wait for about 10 minutes before checking your smartphone in the morning.

Instead, just notice your feelings and thoughts. Write them down before giving all of your attention away, and it helps to know yourself on the better level.

About the Author: Vivien Smith is a blogger at 24writer.com who focuses on wellness and healthy lifestyle. She attended the University of North Florida. Vivien also works as a freelance writer.