Winning the Lottery

inessa123
Inessa Buniatyan

Winning the Lottery: Wise Spending

When a large amount of money gets put into someones hands they tend to spend it on things that are not going to benefit them in the future. If I was lucky enough to win the lottery I would spend my money wisely. I wouldn't spend it only on myself because not a lot of people get the opportunity to win something as big as that these days. My friends mother passed away from stage 4 cancer and being affected by that I would donate a large amount of the money to cancer patients and people that are in need of money to help pay for their medical bills and treatments. By donating in general would give me such joy to know that I helped another human being overcome this hard situation they are going through. I would also have a nonprofit organization to help the people which are in need and giving them an opportunity to get an education in order to be successful. Aside from giving back to the community. I would also like to help my parents with their financial burdens. For as long as I can remember my parents always wanted to own a restaurant which they would pass along to me and my older sister . So by making their dream become reality I would buy them a restaurant they have always wanted.
Then, I would buy my family members a gift that they would wish for to give thanks for supporting me throughout everything.
The lottery can cause a lot of damage to a persons idea of life and and their ways of acting. A lot of peoples attitudes change along with them being over protective over the only thing they obsess over, money. Money can’t buy happiness but that doesn't go for everyone. People don't realize what money can do to people. I for one know just by the way my mind is set up, I wouldn't be able to have a selfish mind of keeping all the money to myself and buying the most materialistic things that won’t do any good to my future.