Freedom of Speech: Disclaimers First

emilybayci
I will start this essay in just a moment. Let me take my library lanyard off first. Wait, I am wearing a t-shirt from my internship last summer so I better change. My bag is from Kroger, but I got it for free- I’m not showing support of Kroger. And my socks, they are Nike brand but I promise, I never worked there in my life. They do have the logo on them, so I better ditch them just in case. These are not endorsements. I repeat: these are not endorsements.

Did I mention that these views are my own and only my own? I am not affiliated with any organization while writing this essay. Retweets or quotes are not endorsements. At the time of writing, I have received no payment of any kind for this essay.

Any data or information provided in this essay is for informational purposes only.
There is no guarantee to any accuracy of this information. If you have a legal concern, please contact an attorney with your issues. Please do not act on any information in this essay without at first seeking appropriate legal counsel.

I would like to apologize in advance for any informational or factual errors in this essay. Please contact me if you believe any information is incorrect, scandalous, defamatory, false, libelous or slanderous. Any requests to extract information or create a revision will be considered, but may not be granted. This content cannot be copied, distributed or repurposed without my consent.

I understand that anything I type can and will be used against me. I realize that this is the Internet, so this essay will follow me for 8 million years after my life is over.

The trolls they might pick this up, they might not. They’ll tell me I’m trying to be funny and I’m not. They’ll say I’m racist or mean or just obnoxious. They’ll pick apart every sentence and find a deeper meaning than my 25-year-old brain ever would have dreamed of. I understand, I am aware and I am ready.

It’s time to start my essay now, but wait, what’s that? Oh, I basically used up the word count in disclaimers. Well, I guess that’s freedom of speech.

Thank you for making that clear. Now go teach it to the Donald. Maybe Carson, too.
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:40:10 PM

On behalf of the entire StageofLife.com editorial board, I would like to congratulate you for your September Freedom of Speech Essay being selected as our first place adult essay!

We will be contacting you via your registration email for your prize details.

You can check this page after October 31st 2015 for all the writing contest results::

Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 4:55:20 PM