A Workout Routine for Lazy Women

brigizord
With my crazy work hours and busy social life (Only one of those is true) it’s really difficult to find time to exercise. I could be finishing work at 10pm and then starting my next shift at 11.30am the following day (That doesn’t sound all that bad, but you gotta remember I don’t finish work and then straight away collapse into a deep sleep. I drive home. I eat dinner. I have a glass of wine. I wrestle Luke to keep him awake, because I’m awake. I watch Tv. By the time I go to bed it’s like 1.30pm and I haven’t even started to check Instagram or play Candy Crush yet). If I attempt to wake up before 9am to go for a run, I’m a real bitch for the rest of the day because I’m stuck at work until 9pm and that’s too much being alive. While in the last year I’ve taken a much more chilled approach to my weight because it’s controlled me in the past, I do still want to maintain some level of fitness.

This is why I’ve created a practical workout routine that fits into my daily life, so I can still eat chicken palmys and not have suicidal thoughts afterwards.

If I have the morning free I will go on a run (I try to do this at least 2 - 3 times a week) and if I don’t have time I will skip for 5 - 10 minutes. I don’t own a skipping rope so I just pretend I’m holding one (Lol, I really need to get around to buying one) and yes it looks ridiculous and if you read my previous post about how our apartment is getting painted, well the other day I was skipping, technically just jumping and also holding my boobs because I was too lazy to put on a sports bra, I noticed two painters staring at me from the window. I’d like to say that’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to me that week but it wasn’t, maybe that day. I read somewhere that 5 minutes of skipping is equivalent to a half an hour of running. I’m not sure if this is true because I always feel a lot more puffed out and sweaty after 30 minutes of running, then I do after 5 minutes of skipping but it was in a health & fitness magazine and that’s good enough for me.

I do squats while I curl or straighten my hair, which I do everyday because my hair is a frizz ball of crap and needs to be styled if I want to leave the house and not look like Sideshow Bob’s twin. This killing two birds with one stone exercise also looks ridiculous, so close the door.

I do leg and belly exercises while I watch Tv. I’d have a lot more abs if I focused solely on sit ups and not Masterchef, but I think it’s fairly impressive to watch people cook delicious food and do push up every couple of minutes.

I use the stairs as often as I can and force myself to forget things in my car (It’s not so much a force, as I genuinely forget things) that way I do a few laps from the garage back up three flights of stairs. I’m usually super frustrated when I do this which adds to my speed.

Walking my dog. I had to leave bae - my jack russell at my parents when I moved out, but I still go around there once or twice a week to walk him. The other days my mum walks him, so don’t worry no neglect here. He is more spoilt then the Kardashians. Actually I wish he was so he could buy me a Jeep.

There you have it, feel free to call me Michelle Bridges.

Side Note: I just read somewhere that one glass of wine is equivalent to one hour at the gym. ZOMG - f this is true, I’m the fittest person I know and that whole routine can go @#$% itself, I’m going to the pub for my work out.