Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Wellness & Health

First thing that popped up in my mind when I hear a question "What will you do if you win the lottery?" I quickly answer it: Doing more porjects to saving our environment.

You know, our environment is getting worse and worse from time to time eventhough what we hope for is the other way.
Especially when it comes to speak of plastic waste.
We all know that plastic can be harmful for our environment. But the fact is, the use of plastic in today life is getting bigger.

People flocked to the nearest convenience. One man smiled his breath steaming in the morning air. As he walked past me he murmured luck like sweet nothings to the small paper in his hands. As if singing a lullaby to a small child. Soothing it. I catch some of the lyrics of his song as Walks Past "you're the winner I can feel it" I stared at him entranced by his lullaby he stared at me with eyes like steel quickly pulling the paper closer to his person as if fearing I will pluck the paper from h

"How bad?"

I asked myself amidst the warm breeze of a Friday afternoon last summer during our Ecology Camp for Philosophy 101. It was a foolish attempt knowing that the answer radiates from the severe heat accompanied by the air-murdering stains of smog that day. As our guest speaker played an informative video about the present shape of our planet, suddenly the answer became clearer. Our mother planet wasn't in a bad condition—she's dying!

On the video were various motio

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo

“There’s An App For That: Health and Wellness”
Sometimes we need some guidance when it comes to making the best decisions for our health. It is nearly impossible to keep track of your health without the help of modern-day technology. How many calories do you consume in a day? How many calories did you burn, during your workout? Did I gain or lose weight since last month? Well, there’s an app for that!
I use three different apps that easily synchronize, in order to keep track of my h

I'm feeling compelled to write about the grief that I am experiencing as I prepare to become an empty nester. I have read about the Empty Nest Syndrome, and the research indicates that for most it really isn't a time of sadness, but rather a time to look forward to the future and becoming your true self once again. I can see that as part of the experience for me, and I look forward to that time, however right now, the truth of the matter is that I'm experiencing real pain around the reality tha

When I graduated high school, my brother hired me to manage customer service for his app Hours. Although the app was designed to help freelancers track their billable time, our customers found unbelievably creative ways to use its simple time tracking interface, from tracking breastfeeding schedules to exercise routines. My favorite part of the job was receiving emails in which our customers gushed about how Hours was helping them to change habits and get more out of their time.

One

One sunny afternoon, when I felt the usual sinking feeling in my stomach, the tiny spark of teenage instinct left in me, buried deep within me, told me: “There is an app for everything!” And though I didn’t expect to find too many search results for a depression-curing application on an android device, six beautiful megabytes of electronic data awaited me. Moments later, the line “Successfully installed: Depression CBT Self Help Guide” appeared in my notifications panel.

‘CBT’ stands

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Distance has a way of defining people. It can restrict the accumulation of new experiences and perspectives, and at the same time it can cause one to realize how fortunate they are with what they have. To many, distance from a loved one translates to travel, Skype or frequent texts and phone calls. But it’s not hard to realize that there’s nothing like experiencing something or someone first hand.

A NYC girl myself, I was both excited and nervous to hear that my best friend Jenna had

<<Prev  2 of 14    Next>>