Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

Isn’t it surprising that just a reminder from your childhood could have such a fabulous impact on your day? Today I started my morning as usual, getting on the crowded NJ Transit and then the even more crowded Uptown 1 subway. I woke up at 6:45, but for some reason I felt lighter and happier than I had in weeks. I had finally been able to check off the biggest item of my to-do list, last night I finished the final edits of my novel manuscript and sent it to an agent in Paris for rev

“OMG! This really cute guy just matched with me on Tinder!” I walk past a group of girls who start to squeal after their friend excitedly looks at her phone. A question arises in my mind, “What is Tinder? What does it mean to be matched?” I decide to do some research on Tinder and found that this app is a means for people to look for potential partners. If a person wants to be matched with someone, that person has to do is swipe to the right on his or her phone. However, on what basis are peopl

I was never the kind of person who could remember their umbrella.

Regardless of wind, thunder, lightning, or whether it was a drizzle or a storm, I always forget my umbrella. I am a perpetual umbrella mooch, clinging to the sides of friends and family for shelter underneath their often too-small umbrellas.

I am also, ‘surprisingly,’ the kind of person who often forgets their jacket, regardless of weather or temperature. Maybe it is because I live in the South, but the th

The psyche is delicate, and depending on what stage of development one is going through, feeling inferior can drastically effect how one may turn out later on in life. However, as Mrs. Roosevelt stated; "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." There are many times in my life that I have felt both inferior and superior. What I've found out after enduring my teenage years is that you must become proud of who and what you are.
You're walking and breathing for a reason, an

Have I ever performed a random act of kindness? This question, simple as it may sound had me racking my brain for such an act.

Some might consider a simple act of holding the door open a random act of kindness but for me, I see it as rather a common curtesy really.

No, I had to dig a little deeper.

Or perhaps helping a stranger pick up her dropped groceries could also be considered an act of kindness. Random though? Not so much.

So deeper still.

Kindness is a quality that is fading away nowadays, we witness on the contrary the arise of cold hearted generations that start from childhood. Kindness for me is an act of duty. In my opinion, if you are blessed enough to get what you want or need and sometimes more, then you should share your happiness with the less fortunate.

Random acts of kindness are pretty much the rituals of my community and closely my surroundings. From the beginning of the day with the most important

I don’t consider myself judgmental. Five foot three, tan skinned and a dot on my forehead, I was only too used to the curious stares and the blank glares that would follow me: American-Indian or Indian-American. Who was I, myself an anomaly, to judge others? At least, I didn't label myself so until a rainy day two weeks ago.

It was in the midst of a thunder storm that I found my umbrella to be broken, with two of its stitches ripped. As I hurried into my dorm building with a classma

A random act of kindness. When was the last time you did one? Put your hand over your heart and answer this. Did you know Random Acts of Kindness Day is an unofficial holiday celebrated each year on February 17th to make people aware of the goodness in the world?

To be honest, I had no idea there was a day dedicated to random acts of kindness till today. I was not even sure anyone would help a complete stranger without anything in return. This phrase was completely new to me. I wasn

I was sent out to buy some toliet roll for my work on a rainy day. In the shop there was a man who appeared to have just moved house. This was obvious due to the mass amount of cleaning products he had bought - his trolley was overflowing! As I paid for my items I saw him struggle down to the shop door and there was clearly no way he could transport it all alone. As I walked past him I cast him a smile and walked out of the ship awkwardly with my big bag. I then made a sharp turn and headed bac

We were only in class for fifteen minutes when I looked to my right and saw a guy sitting by the wall alone. He was your average guy: tall, nineteen, brown hair and eyes, jeans and a shirt. He was sitting alone, three chairs away from a small group of students sitting in the same row with him talking and laughing at each other. I had the aisle seat and though I should have been listening to my professor as she talked about the poverty line in the United States and what ethnicity was more likely

<<Prev  2 of 9    Next>>