Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

Do you not have common-sense or you lag behind in making decisions? Why? Are you not knowledgeable about what is going on around you or you think of yourself as a child that does not think before doing things or to express his/her emotions and views without observing behaviors that encircle him/her…….
It is to be said as immaturity, if it is, so who is mature?...
This is the question mark which is raising in teens of this smart age..
Where is it enhancing?
The sentence is of

SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER
"The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days.
When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a sudden inc

A change is a difference in the state of a system. Man doesn't exist as a singular species. His existence isn't independent of the ones surrounding him. Everything a person does, affects the people around him, one way or another.
Contribution to change for the better is a big responsibility. It involves judging the current status of the society, deciding how good or bad it is and deciding that what you plan to do is good for it too.
To me, the root of all major problems in the world

Each and everyone of us are distinguished by our characters. We are never a replica and there can never be an exact match for us. However, when time passes we gradually progress and replace our bad attitudes but this is not done by all. A change in a positive way will lead to a new world which will not despise any human being. However, we seldom choose that path since we are already comfortable with our current attitude.

A little goes a long way. Most importantly, when people o

1. Just wear it.
-No one will remember the gorgeous outfit you had on last week, the same as no one will remember the time you wore your favorite heels to school and completely wiped out on the stairs. If you want to wear it, wear it.

2. The college you have been dreaming of since fifth grade might be a school you don't even end up applying to.
-We all change our minds.Sometimes that's just not the way the dice roll.

3. Annotate your homework
-I know it sou

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo

Live in Indonesia where freedom of speech is legal is a good idea. Governments, private companies and individual. But even legal, if done in the wrong way or too far from the customs of the society, there are consequences.

Freedom of speech is necessary for people to channel their aspirations as a whole and not under pressure from any party. Freedom of speech in Indonesia was limited even not allowed in the "Orde Baru" or "New Order"

At that time the authoritarian leadersh

Old is gold ; but how long can it last? I gave up my old mobile phone after my father emphasized the importance of being in touch with the latest technology. I got myself a new smart phone at a reasonable price and struggled in utilizing it’s function. It only took me a short while to overcome the tough phase. However, I was still naive since I was keeping in touch with people via messaging and calling. I did not know by downloading specific apps life will be much easier until my best friend

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Distance has a way of defining people. It can restrict the accumulation of new experiences and perspectives, and at the same time it can cause one to realize how fortunate they are with what they have. To many, distance from a loved one translates to travel, Skype or frequent texts and phone calls. But it’s not hard to realize that there’s nothing like experiencing something or someone first hand.

A NYC girl myself, I was both excited and nervous to hear that my best friend Jenna had