Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Safety

"Words can break someone into a million pieces, but it can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the words left unsaid, are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

The quote above is a funny thing. It is so simple, yet true at the same time. Words can break someone into a million pieces and it is so hard to get back together to how you used to be. You try to be strong through the words that were said

I always had a loveless life and it was fine too, as I sailed through life doing the bare minimum. That was of course until we were transferred to a remote town in the country. I took it pretty well.These were petty scars and wounds that I could lick by myself.Then came the bulling with no visible scars but internally it was tearing me apart.We had CC cameras in school recording it too but it was all useless because nobody really cares about hurt people until the wounds are fatal or the victims

I won’t hang out with anybody who doesn’t think about killing himself at least once a day. But, maybe I just run in “those kinds” of circles: the depressing kind. We sit around smoking cigarettes, drinking too much, and absently tearing our rare steaks apart in a bloody, satisfying way as a substitute for our own flesh. We ask ourselves, was I born this way? Did the modern world slap this ennui onto our psyches like the FDA does to contaminated beef? Am I doomed to a perpetual state of

Dear Governor Scott: Stop Homeless People From Begging For Money on the Streets

The homeless people begging for money at major intersections still remain an issue in Tampa Bay. I am aware that the problem has been controlled and has been changed to just Sundays and only if they’re selling a newspaper.
My car has been approached many times by the homeless people for money on any day not just Sundays. They were not selling anything and just had signs stating they’re homeless or d

Dear School Boards Across America: Stop Bullying and Inform Students

An epidemic problem that continues to grow online and in public schools is bullying. This rude and inconsiderate behavior happens on a daily basis for throngs of students in every state and city in the United States. No one has discovered a solution for this problem yet, which is disheartening because the victims of bullying experience emotional and mental consequences. Recently, in Lakeland, Florida, a middle s

Now and then I turn on the news and hear about a drunk driving car accident. Often times resulting in death. I always ask myself “oh my gosh why do people drink and drive?” Maybe this is why I don’t hangout with people that party every weekend because I don’t want to be put in that situation. Too many people don’t know their limits and should not be driving after drinking.
It wasn’t until recently that I turned on the news and found out that a girl from my high school pasted away due to

As a current resident of Tampa, I am fortunate enough to still have both sets of grandparents alive and well. I am also lucky because they both live less than twenty minutes away from me. There is a problem though, I have recently ridden in the car with them and have to say I did not feel safe with them behind the wheel. I do not feel that their reaction time was fast enough as well as how easy it was for them to lose track of where they were going.
There are a few things I hope

I am scared of THE DEATH: Death is the universal truth and every men and women in this world has to taste it once in their lifetime. We people would have heard some people saying someone was dead. We might not know how the death will be? until it visits our doorsteps or it takes the soul of someone we loved in front of our eyes.

April 12,2013 midnight 12:45am I was in my bed awaken without sleeping. I came to know that my grandma was feeling very difficult to breath. I knew that t

If there is one thing that sends shivers down my spine, it is opening the day's newspaper and looking at series of news items highlighting the brutality of men and women around the world.

Sitting in the garden, with a cup of coffee in my hand, reading the newspaper, all I see is blood and gore.
Here I am, incapable of even looking at a half-inch wound on a stranger's body without flinching while the people out there walk around, scot free, their hearts made of stone as they ch

You could say I'm pretty horrified by a lot of things: James Wan thrillers, the spine-chilling creaking and cracking that appears to only be audible when I'm home alone, people who wear full body-suits to the beach…
But I think one of my biggest fears is one of the smallest things that scuttle around the globe: the ant. Yes, the almighty and powerful ant. I am absolutely terrified of their creeping colonies that stealthily file into my room whenever there is even a trace of a bread crumb o

<<Prev  2 of 7    Next>>