Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Safety

Often times while exploring outside places, our fears and insecurities ride along like dark shadows on our sides. And when it's time to set for a soul-searching, we back-off. 

I have always been a fan of Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI). This has helped me unravel my capabilities and guard my focus of honing my strengths in the past roads of my teenage journey. My mother has been a consistent, good reminder to be unafraid in leaping out from my comfort zone and

SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER
"The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days.
When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a sudden inc

Be the change: To change my society.
"I cannot change my past but I can change my future". This was what I believe to make a change in the society.
I have a dream of making some great change to my people and to my society. The first and foremost thing is that to change my people's mindset. Today, we can see many crimes across our country. This is mainly due to people's unawareness. The corruption is generated only by the people and not by the officers. This is because, if they give

We are told from a young age that money cannot buy happiness. To you, it doesn’t mean much. You know you will have dinner tonight. There was a hole in your backpack, but you bought a new one when it’s time had come. Your shoes have sturdy, rubber soles. Your t-shirt was retouched with bleach many a time. And you look forward to a trip out of town with your family and friends the following weekend. You’re safe. You are taken care of. You’re a comfortable, content kid.

You notice a cla

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo

“OMG! This really cute guy just matched with me on Tinder!” I walk past a group of girls who start to squeal after their friend excitedly looks at her phone. A question arises in my mind, “What is Tinder? What does it mean to be matched?” I decide to do some research on Tinder and found that this app is a means for people to look for potential partners. If a person wants to be matched with someone, that person has to do is swipe to the right on his or her phone. However, on what basis are peopl

I was sent out to buy some toliet roll for my work on a rainy day. In the shop there was a man who appeared to have just moved house. This was obvious due to the mass amount of cleaning products he had bought - his trolley was overflowing! As I paid for my items I saw him struggle down to the shop door and there was clearly no way he could transport it all alone. As I walked past him I cast him a smile and walked out of the ship awkwardly with my big bag. I then made a sharp turn and headed bac

Children grow real fast. My daughter got her driving license recently and wanted to drive regularly. It was something we were expecting and prepared. We checked our options beforehand and determined that buying her a car would be the best option.

The Car We Bought for Her

We were looking for a smaller automobile for the below reasons.

1. She made it clear that she didn’t want a big car because they were difficult to manoeuvre.
2. She will mainly drive in

It was the first week of my freshman year of college. I knew she was having trouble getting through medical school and that everything was stressing her out to no end, but did that really make a difference? If I had asked her why she was researching drug over doses on her phone the night before or told my mom about it maybe I could have stopped it. But did I? No.

She was on leave from school and I was home for Labor Day weekend. I was diligently working on homework when she came into

Most mirrors show what a person looks like, but I still am amazed when I see my own reflection. I see the worry and doubt, the fear that I will never be enough. I see the blurry tears from when I try to be stronger than I am. After all, I'm always told that if I work a little harder the pain will go away. But the pain doesn't go away, I am never enough, I'm my own worst enemy. These are only my symptoms, the scars run through my blood. I was abandoned by my birthmother when I was a year and a h