Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

It can be hard to imagine that my childhood was a happy one despite not knowing who my parents were. My aunt, who would come visit me and take me out would teach me their names. I would recite their names back to her in monotone. She would make me sit away from her students and write out the alphabet in silence during her classroom sessions. My grandparents didn’t treat me like a child even though I was five years old. They were my guardians and despite what my aunt said I believed they were m

Have you ever thought how nature can take us out of grieves? Have you ever thought how nature is the biggest source of happiness? I was also ignorant of the fact till my preliminary senior secondary exams.
As a result of health issues I was just able to cross the passing marks. I was disheartened and resisted to speak to anyone. One fine day while heading towards home it started to drizzle which lasted for ten minutes. Then a thought knocked my mind. Why the rain stopped? Why it did not r

I have always been told how to be. You, my girl, are a shy, quiet girl with a sweet demeanor and a secret fire, but you tend to have trouble saying no. Also, you are most certainly straight. You have feelings for a girl? Push them down, it is not who you are. It is just a phase, keep moving forward. Relationship after relationship failed through the years, I was hurt and broken and did not think love existed for me. And then she came along.
Her name rolled off my tongue like I had

We live in a chaotic world.One characterized by death of loved ones each sunrise and sunset,cries of men,women and children loosing their lifes in cold blood wars not to mention the numerous deaths caused by deadly diseases that are discovered each new day.

Amidst all these,one may wonder.What exactly is happiness?Where do I find happiness?What is there to smile about when the smell of death hangs so dangerously in the air?What is there to rejoice over when in some nations all that g

As a society we have certain norms. We have expectations as far as wealth, and physical appearance, so when an individual doesn't meet those expectations they tend to feel like they're not good enough. This leads to unhappiness. The way to stop this is to realize you are not everyone else. You might not have the financial stability or the body for those new shorts you seen at the mall and that's okay. Stop comparing yourself to the societal norm because if that isn't you, it just isn't. If you

In life, sometimes it’s hard to accept the reality that in this world everything does not happen on our accordance. Every one of us has a broken wing which symbolizes our courage in life. Life unfolds new challenges each day which may tend to lower our hopes or maybe in contrary. One should realize that no matter what happens never should they hide their broken wing.

When we were born at first everything was spoon fed. Then gradually we were given our own wings to soar th

Dear Mom,

It’s weird writing about this because i’ve never felt the need to. I just want to say thank you. Thank you for leaving me. Thank you for choosing drugs, alcohol, and random men over me. You changed my life when I turned 7. I remember coming home from school and I was such a happy kid, but that day changed my whole entire life. I came home and you and dad were arguing, it wasn’t anything big because all parents argue, right? I remember seeing boxes and you yelling and sa

People's second chances take shape in various forms. While others enjoy theirs in the form of forgiveness, I had experienced mine in a very unusual method: a dream.

There he was. My healthy grandfather hanged in his favorite green shirt appeared very fine to me. I quickly snaffled the opportunity to sequel him a very tight hug as if it were years the last time I sensed his warm skin and mesmerized his smile that taught me how to hope for the best. But it became clear to me why the fe

SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER
"The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days.
When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a sudden inc

I have 6 sisters, none of which are biological. We argue, we fight, we yell, we kick, we scream, sometimes we even punch. We love, we shield, we hope, we stay steadfast, we pray. To have a group so tightly bonded, that pray for you at every chance, on every call to them; a blessing if there ever was one. God knows exactly who to put in your life, in combination with others. These 6 are a great combination.

Unfortunately, we aren't always the Brady Bunch. Sometimes we hurt each other,