Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Distance has a way of defining people. It can restrict the accumulation of new experiences and perspectives, and at the same time it can cause one to realize how fortunate they are with what they have. To many, distance from a loved one translates to travel, Skype or frequent texts and phone calls. But it’s not hard to realize that there’s nothing like experiencing something or someone first hand.

A NYC girl myself, I was both excited and nervous to hear that my best friend Jenna had

My semester abroad in Rome, Italy was nearing its end. My bank account was evidence enough. I was almost completely out of the babysitting money I had saved up for months. I felt “unlucky” when my friends embarked on a final weekend trip to Paris while I stayed back in Rome, unable to fund a final trip to another country. Looking back now, I laugh at the idea of an extra weekend in Rome, “the eternal city,” being a bad thing.
With a few friends who had also remained in Rome for t

Brielle Clayton
IB English A1/ Hl
Mr. Helle
10 December 2014
Random Acts of Kindness: How I Received My First Job
As being a teenager in the 21st century, having a job by sixteen or seventeen is expected from you. However, finding a job is not easy. By still being in high school, you constantly get kicked to the curb by college students. I was fortunate enough to be handed a job that you normally would not see a high

As many ways as this will be viewed, I in my own personal stance saw this as an act of kindness. I was newly 19 at the time and my cousin to whom I used to be close with was going through a hard time. I knew she was in an abusive relationship but there's only so much I could say. One day while I was away at school she called me crying because she was pregnant with this awful man. She had always been very religious but even she knew that this baby wouldn't have been able to escape his pain. She

Here are some advices for you to get success in this deal. Hope it will be useful!

Get a review

It is very important for every writer not to rush. You should not ask any editor to work with your manuscript until you have not reviewed it with a fresh eye. Also, you can ask for help one or even two of your objective friends or colleagues t

When you are a mostly-white, middle class, twenty-something, American college student, they tell you that the world is yours. Pumped full of my own propaganda, I fully subscribed to the belief that I was not only going to change the world. but that I was destined to change the world. It practically owed me. It did not.

Yes, I worked hard in school. But did that merit special money, special classes, special room and board? Should performing to the standard ever

Children grow real fast. My daughter got her driving license recently and wanted to drive regularly. It was something we were expecting and prepared. We checked our options beforehand and determined that buying her a car would be the best option.

The Car We Bought for Her

We were looking for a smaller automobile for the below reasons.

1. She made it clear that she didn’t want a big car because they were difficult to manoeuvre.
2. She will mainly drive in

I remember getting excited from receiving mail, but not just any mail. I received invitations to go to pageant contests, to go to my country’s capital or other countries like China and Germany for youth conferences or cultural immersion opportunities, to participate in things that I couldn’t even imagine participating in. But, because money was tight in my household, these opportunities were disregarded.

I understood how difficult it was for my parents to deny me this kind of exposur

Story:
Recently we went to our relatives home to met them. They lived near a scary forest. There was a castle in the forest. Munro was the owner of that castle. On one of the last days of December , the owner was engaged in a friendly conversation with me and my family. She was telling us about a strange legend attached to the castle. She said that :
" Whenever someone dies in a castle , all the wild beasts and wolves come from far and near and howl all night long".

<<Prev  2 of 9    Next>>