Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER
"The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days.
When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a sudden inc

We are told from a young age that money cannot buy happiness. To you, it doesn’t mean much. You know you will have dinner tonight. There was a hole in your backpack, but you bought a new one when it’s time had come. Your shoes have sturdy, rubber soles. Your t-shirt was retouched with bleach many a time. And you look forward to a trip out of town with your family and friends the following weekend. You’re safe. You are taken care of. You’re a comfortable, content kid.

You notice a cla

For most people, winning the lottery would be a dream come true. They could buy whatever their heart desired, and every monetary wish could become their reality. For me, winning the lottery would give me the opportunity to change the world for the better; because I believe that no amount of money in your possession, no matter how much, could buy you happiness.
When people win the lottery it opens up so many doors. They now have the chance to travel to places they have never been to before

A $40 tip placed in a glass jar at a coffee bar.
A $10 bill hidden to discover within the cover
Of “Anne of Green Gables” and a booklet of fables.
A chicken salad croissant or whatever they want
Behind me in the drive thru in the Chevy Malibu.
Coins left at the bottom of vending machines.
Dollars tucked in the pockets of donated jeans.
Rolled up bills in the cup holder at the movie theater.
For a moviegoer or the guy who has to sweep it up later.
A

In the hypothetical situation, where I were to strike the jackpot and win a lottery, I will be left with a rather handsome sum of money. Rather than let it go to waste, I think that a better option would be to invest in something that would not only help people, but will also assure them of a better standard of living.
In that vein, I will use the money to set up a start-up enterprise of my own, where the objective will not be plain old-fashioned money making, but a more pure version of raw kin

Money is not an essential element to survive on earth. However, the importance of money should not be neglected since in order to purchase the items we need to live we need money! Money makes life miserable due to selfishness and possessiveness yet it gives the best to those who use it in accordance to their necessity.

The rule and policy of money are as such to me. Therefore, if I hit the lottery I’ll separate it into five portions. Firstly I would donate a fair amount to those

Money-One simplest words or so it seems. The question that society debates is can money buy happiness? But maybe, that is not the question we should be asking. Perhaps, the question is can your money buy other people’s happiness? Can our actions with our finances determine the outcome of someone else’s happiness? Yes, it can. Life is all about choices and if we make the right ones we can change someone’s life.
Just like every college student I think of what it would be like to win the

What would I do if I won the lottery? When I was younger I dreamed of being rich and famous, I still wouldn’t mind being rich and famous (who wouldn’t), but I would want it to be by my own hard work and effort, not a one in a million, got lucky chance in a game. I don’t play the lottery, my parents don’t, and I never will, because the odds of me winning the lottery are 1 in 292,201,338 according to the Powerball website themselves. I know people who play the lottery and I think people play i

People flocked to the nearest convenience. One man smiled his breath steaming in the morning air. As he walked past me he murmured luck like sweet nothings to the small paper in his hands. As if singing a lullaby to a small child. Soothing it. I catch some of the lyrics of his song as Walks Past "you're the winner I can feel it" I stared at him entranced by his lullaby he stared at me with eyes like steel quickly pulling the paper closer to his person as if fearing I will pluck the paper from h

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo