Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Make a Difference

It can be hard to imagine that my childhood was a happy one despite not knowing who my parents were. My aunt, who would come visit me and take me out would teach me their names. I would recite their names back to her in monotone. She would make me sit away from her students and write out the alphabet in silence during her classroom sessions. My grandparents didn’t treat me like a child even though I was five years old. They were my guardians and despite what my aunt said I believed they were m

Have you ever thought how nature can take us out of grieves? Have you ever thought how nature is the biggest source of happiness? I was also ignorant of the fact till my preliminary senior secondary exams.
As a result of health issues I was just able to cross the passing marks. I was disheartened and resisted to speak to anyone. One fine day while heading towards home it started to drizzle which lasted for ten minutes. Then a thought knocked my mind. Why the rain stopped? Why it did not r

Have we ever considered what makes us the most happiest person?
It's neither in winning any trophy nor being the topper of the class..It comes from the satisfaction of helping someone and bringing a smile on their face.
The household maid working in our house has three daughter's.. It was the marriage of the younger daughter and she invited our family but was was unsure whether we will visit her house to bless their daughter??
On the wedding day of her daughter when she sa

We live in a chaotic world.One characterized by death of loved ones each sunrise and sunset,cries of men,women and children loosing their lifes in cold blood wars not to mention the numerous deaths caused by deadly diseases that are discovered each new day.

Amidst all these,one may wonder.What exactly is happiness?Where do I find happiness?What is there to smile about when the smell of death hangs so dangerously in the air?What is there to rejoice over when in some nations all that g

My name is Melodious Nyanchama currently a student at Kenyatta University going to my fourth year come september.That should tell you I am almost finishing school.

All my life I have lived as the typical determined girl next door especially in my school work.I would describe myself as the kind who wants to always get it right and has difficulties accepting anything less than perfect for results.

I used to be that person who beats themselves for not beating deadlines or fo

As a society we have certain norms. We have expectations as far as wealth, and physical appearance, so when an individual doesn't meet those expectations they tend to feel like they're not good enough. This leads to unhappiness. The way to stop this is to realize you are not everyone else. You might not have the financial stability or the body for those new shorts you seen at the mall and that's okay. Stop comparing yourself to the societal norm because if that isn't you, it just isn't. If you

"Happiness depends on ourselves." -Aristotle

The secret of happiness is a question that many find difficult to answer, and that is because many people focus on all of the negativity in their lives. This is why not many people can say that they feel happy--They don't think about it because it's easier for them to focus on the bad things that happen to them since there is such an abundance of negativity in their lives. Why?

When you focus on negativity, you are only going to

In life, sometimes it’s hard to accept the reality that in this world everything does not happen on our accordance. Every one of us has a broken wing which symbolizes our courage in life. Life unfolds new challenges each day which may tend to lower our hopes or maybe in contrary. One should realize that no matter what happens never should they hide their broken wing.

When we were born at first everything was spoon fed. Then gradually we were given our own wings to soar th

I honestly think that the term ‘second chances’ is pretty clichéd. But these couple of words hold a great deal of significance in our lives. Even in this age of technological advancement, people are prone to messing up and falling prey to the immoral ways of life. It is human nature, I guess. But then, as the proverb goes- to err is human; to forgive is divine. Obviously there are some things which simply cannot and perhaps should not be forgiven; nevertheless if a simple ‘sorry’ can brighten u

We are human beings, we all make mistakes and I think we should certainly be punished for them, but we should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. What if we all get a second chance? We all will take it. Like everyone else in this world, I have had sufferings. There are disappointments and hindrances in everybody’s life. I feel like I am writing “Second Chances: Mere Life Changers” not just for myself, but also for all those people who have struggled.
Some three and a