Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Distance has a way of defining people. It can restrict the accumulation of new experiences and perspectives, and at the same time it can cause one to realize how fortunate they are with what they have. To many, distance from a loved one translates to travel, Skype or frequent texts and phone calls. But it’s not hard to realize that there’s nothing like experiencing something or someone first hand.

A NYC girl myself, I was both excited and nervous to hear that my best friend Jenna had

“OMG! This really cute guy just matched with me on Tinder!” I walk past a group of girls who start to squeal after their friend excitedly looks at her phone. A question arises in my mind, “What is Tinder? What does it mean to be matched?” I decide to do some research on Tinder and found that this app is a means for people to look for potential partners. If a person wants to be matched with someone, that person has to do is swipe to the right on his or her phone. However, on what basis are peopl

It’s difficult not to admire fashion icon and blogger Tavi Gevinson. She’s definitely one of the most eloquent, mature and ambitious teenagers out there right now (she was even named one of Forbes 30 Under 30 in Media list). Gevinson delivered a presentation at the TEDxTeen conference where the theme was, “The Wisdom of Not Knowing.”

If you’re unfamiliar with Gevinson, you basically need to know that she started her famous fashion blog “Style Rookie” at age 11. Later on, when she was

One day I woke up and it was raining so hard that it was like a waterfall coming from the sky, so I laid back down and went to sleep again. Then after about 30 mins I then woke back up and looked outside and there was a little green thing with pointy ears, but no rainbow. So I thought that I was dreaming so then I went to the door and opened the door wide and there where not one rainbow but three of them.

Margaret Fitzgerald
February 24, 2015
[email protected]

Eleanor Roosevelt Quotation: Burn Down Beauty

Little jet black ants, the size of a two year olds’ pinky nail, crawl all over me. Swarms scurrying over my shoulders, the group growing larger and larger as it moves across my chest and up my neck. Chills run up and down my spine causing my head to twitch and cock to the left. My whole face being scratched by their tiny legs moving all over, c

"Live strong, die pretty", applicable to everyone living girl on this planet. Being a strong girl is not everybody's cup of tea. You need lot of courage and Strenght to survive in the world where your very own society plays a role of monster. Every corner, every person, every eye, and every mouth is ready to eat you up. I really don't understand people's mentality, on one side they want girls to the prettiest just because boys won't marry them if they're ugly, doesn't matter how ugly and dumb

A random act of kindness. When was the last time you did one? Put your hand over your heart and answer this. Did you know Random Acts of Kindness Day is an unofficial holiday celebrated each year on February 17th to make people aware of the goodness in the world?

To be honest, I had no idea there was a day dedicated to random acts of kindness till today. I was not even sure anyone would help a complete stranger without anything in return. This phrase was completely new to me. I wasn

Let’s be honest: searching for a job is a stressful process. Every person seeks stability which is impossible for someone who goes to bed without a clear plan for the next day. Of course, there are individuals who enjoy meeting new people and learning new things daily but there are other numerous drawbacks to get stressed about. You may be discouraged after losing your previous job. You may be tired after countless unavailing interviews. You may be overwhelmed if this is your first time searchi

When you are a mostly-white, middle class, twenty-something, American college student, they tell you that the world is yours. Pumped full of my own propaganda, I fully subscribed to the belief that I was not only going to change the world. but that I was destined to change the world. It practically owed me. It did not.

Yes, I worked hard in school. But did that merit special money, special classes, special room and board? Should performing to the standard ever

<<Prev  3 of 20    Next>>