Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Family

An enormous gift is laid in front of us yet we think before unwrapping it since we don’t have any idea on the level of fragility nor the level of pressure it can withstand. That is how I received a special gift in my life exactly matching the terms I mentioned above but it was more than something special. It was a lifetime present for me to cherish and that was a person to call as my brother.

Why is he so special? Because he is not my blood-brother but both of us don’t give a dam

As humans sometimes at some parts in our life we would come to a conclusion that it is better to be alone since we won’t need to have unnecessary confrontations. In addition to it, let’s face the reality! When we meet new people they will always have their package of problems. Thus, it depends on how we are going to solve it together or just leave it unattended. For a girl who thought seeking solace is the best option, an angel made me think it was an entirely wrong step.

Unive

What would I do if I won the lottery? When I was younger I dreamed of being rich and famous, I still wouldn’t mind being rich and famous (who wouldn’t), but I would want it to be by my own hard work and effort, not a one in a million, got lucky chance in a game. I don’t play the lottery, my parents don’t, and I never will, because the odds of me winning the lottery are 1 in 292,201,338 according to the Powerball website themselves. I know people who play the lottery and I think people play i

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo

Vacations are a big part of anybody’s life, and I know that they have shaped and defined much of my character. A vacation’s purpose is to relax one’s mind and body, as well as learn and educate oneself through visiting and experiencing. However, the quality of any vacation is not only determined by the place and experiences, but also by the attitude that one approaches the vacation with.

As a child, having somewhat fortunate parents, I traveled regularly and got to visit many loca

Among the ruins I found your beginnings. The pastel hues of your life- hues that have now darkened to blacks and whites. There in that square so foreign lurked gargoyles and saints: subtle hints of beauty within ancient walls. On this pavement marched Caesar, Augustus, and you. Now I stand in the mismatch of relics and modern architecture poised on the Spanish steps, licking gelato a la fragola (your favorite and quickly becoming mine). Briefly, I feel you around me in the hum of foreign voice

Family vacation gives every individual much needed break from their boring and monotonous life..It brings the family together and gives everyone the much needed time to spent with each other and bring back the long forgotten journey, down the memory lane of the previous vacation.
well,last year I had a chance to visit Delhi with my family. The trip was no doubt great and we enjoyed a lot. Apart from visiting many places like India Gate, Red fort, Qutab Minar and many other places,we als

I'm feeling compelled to write about the grief that I am experiencing as I prepare to become an empty nester. I have read about the Empty Nest Syndrome, and the research indicates that for most it really isn't a time of sadness, but rather a time to look forward to the future and becoming your true self once again. I can see that as part of the experience for me, and I look forward to that time, however right now, the truth of the matter is that I'm experiencing real pain around the reality tha

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Teachers play a significant role in our life. Their dedication in teaching, patience in dealing our tantrums, guidance towards success has made us this far and they will never expect anything in return. Their continuous support and faith on us will never diminish making us thank them till the end of life. In such way, my mom who is my lifelong teacher has been my backbone until now.

From the day I born, my mother catered all my needs and ensured I had a fruitful life. I was an

<<Prev  2 of 19    Next>>