Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

Imagine you open your Facebook account, and post something about your "friend" who spread false stories about you. You are so fueled with anger and hatred that you become unconscious to what you write. Then, the next morning, a knock at your door will break your reverie. The unexpected visitors will be a couple of policemen, and they'll invite you to join them in their headquarters. Your mind will be clouded by questions. And in just a spur of seconds, you'll be jailed. Wondering why? It's sim

I have the freedom to speak my mind.
I have the freedom to write what I want.
I have the freedom to talk about the world.
I have the freedom to talk about the government.
I have the freedom to talk about the president.

I have the freedom to talk about my life.
I have the freedom to talk about my dreams.
I have the freedom to talk about what is bad.
I have the freedom to talk about what is good.
I have the freedom to talk about what I like.

When I graduated high school, my brother hired me to manage customer service for his app Hours. Although the app was designed to help freelancers track their billable time, our customers found unbelievably creative ways to use its simple time tracking interface, from tracking breastfeeding schedules to exercise routines. My favorite part of the job was receiving emails in which our customers gushed about how Hours was helping them to change habits and get more out of their time.

One

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Distance has a way of defining people. It can restrict the accumulation of new experiences and perspectives, and at the same time it can cause one to realize how fortunate they are with what they have. To many, distance from a loved one translates to travel, Skype or frequent texts and phone calls. But it’s not hard to realize that there’s nothing like experiencing something or someone first hand.

A NYC girl myself, I was both excited and nervous to hear that my best friend Jenna had

“OMG! This really cute guy just matched with me on Tinder!” I walk past a group of girls who start to squeal after their friend excitedly looks at her phone. A question arises in my mind, “What is Tinder? What does it mean to be matched?” I decide to do some research on Tinder and found that this app is a means for people to look for potential partners. If a person wants to be matched with someone, that person has to do is swipe to the right on his or her phone. However, on what basis are peopl

The language, terms, and images humans use to portray our interactions with those beings we deem as 'other' often structure our unconscious systems in regards to their value. While the apparent intellectual flowering of eighteenth and nineteenth century Europe is venerated in historical texts as the age of scientific 'enlightenment,' this trump card of apparent rationalism also served to reduce our conception of most creatures inhabiting the earth to voiceless automatons.

Th

Jackie,Jackie!my boy, where's u?asked Mrs.happy kaur.she loved Jackie from the core of her heart and Mr.happy Singh too.the couple brimmed with enthusiasm since the day they brought that stray dog with great pomp and show as if he had completed their family.they fed him the best,they have him their best but never let him enter inside their living room.Don't know,why so? One Saturday afternoon,I found Jackie vomiting after eating grass from our kitchen garden:(.
surprisingly,this happened n

I was never the kind of person who could remember their umbrella.

Regardless of wind, thunder, lightning, or whether it was a drizzle or a storm, I always forget my umbrella. I am a perpetual umbrella mooch, clinging to the sides of friends and family for shelter underneath their often too-small umbrellas.

I am also, ‘surprisingly,’ the kind of person who often forgets their jacket, regardless of weather or temperature. Maybe it is because I live in the South, but the th

The psyche is delicate, and depending on what stage of development one is going through, feeling inferior can drastically effect how one may turn out later on in life. However, as Mrs. Roosevelt stated; "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." There are many times in my life that I have felt both inferior and superior. What I've found out after enduring my teenage years is that you must become proud of who and what you are.
You're walking and breathing for a reason, an

<<Prev  2 of 12    Next>>