Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

It can be hard to imagine that my childhood was a happy one despite not knowing who my parents were. My aunt, who would come visit me and take me out would teach me their names. I would recite their names back to her in monotone. She would make me sit away from her students and write out the alphabet in silence during her classroom sessions. My grandparents didn’t treat me like a child even though I was five years old. They were my guardians and despite what my aunt said I believed they were m

Often times while exploring outside places, our fears and insecurities ride along like dark shadows on our sides. And when it's time to set for a soul-searching, we back-off. 

I have always been a fan of Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI). This has helped me unravel my capabilities and guard my focus of honing my strengths in the past roads of my teenage journey. My mother has been a consistent, good reminder to be unafraid in leaping out from my comfort zone and

SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER
"The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days.
When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a sudden inc

A change is a difference in the state of a system. Man doesn't exist as a singular species. His existence isn't independent of the ones surrounding him. Everything a person does, affects the people around him, one way or another.
Contribution to change for the better is a big responsibility. It involves judging the current status of the society, deciding how good or bad it is and deciding that what you plan to do is good for it too.
To me, the root of all major problems in the world

Each and everyone of us are distinguished by our characters. We are never a replica and there can never be an exact match for us. However, when time passes we gradually progress and replace our bad attitudes but this is not done by all. A change in a positive way will lead to a new world which will not despise any human being. However, we seldom choose that path since we are already comfortable with our current attitude.

A little goes a long way. Most importantly, when people o

I knew and struggled.

As we came about conquering the years that served as marks of our ages, our vision about life definitely changed. When I was a daring kid, I would recall myself saying that I would probably do my best at high school, admit myself to a prestigious college, and enroll in a difficult course so that I will most likely land on a very high-paying occupation to buy all the toys I would see at the mall. This, has, never been new to me as my grade school friends envision

The internet has become a preferred platform for communication and meeting people because it is fast and convenient. Online dating can provide many with favorable results when you are looking for a lifelong partner, a short romance or simply a friendship; however a failure to take the appropriate precautionary measures can lead to disaster. There are a number of tips that can be followed to produce the best results.

Dating on the web makes it simple and easy to connect with others an

1. Just wear it.
-No one will remember the gorgeous outfit you had on last week, the same as no one will remember the time you wore your favorite heels to school and completely wiped out on the stairs. If you want to wear it, wear it.

2. The college you have been dreaming of since fifth grade might be a school you don't even end up applying to.
-We all change our minds.Sometimes that's just not the way the dice roll.

3. Annotate your homework
-I know it sou

What would I do if I won the lottery? When I was younger I dreamed of being rich and famous, I still wouldn’t mind being rich and famous (who wouldn’t), but I would want it to be by my own hard work and effort, not a one in a million, got lucky chance in a game. I don’t play the lottery, my parents don’t, and I never will, because the odds of me winning the lottery are 1 in 292,201,338 according to the Powerball website themselves. I know people who play the lottery and I think people play i

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo