Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

It can be hard to imagine that my childhood was a happy one despite not knowing who my parents were. My aunt, who would come visit me and take me out would teach me their names. I would recite their names back to her in monotone. She would make me sit away from her students and write out the alphabet in silence during her classroom sessions. My grandparents didn’t treat me like a child even though I was five years old. They were my guardians and despite what my aunt said I believed they were m

Have you ever thought how nature can take us out of grieves? Have you ever thought how nature is the biggest source of happiness? I was also ignorant of the fact till my preliminary senior secondary exams.
As a result of health issues I was just able to cross the passing marks. I was disheartened and resisted to speak to anyone. One fine day while heading towards home it started to drizzle which lasted for ten minutes. Then a thought knocked my mind. Why the rain stopped? Why it did not r

I think wanting happiness is perhaps the only common thing that all of the human beings share. As I have observed most of the people become happy when they get what they want. For instance I would be happy if there was no drought and hunger in my country. Now ten million people are stroked by draught, may be you think I should be the most depressed person in the world. But as a matter of fact I am very happy. As I have mentioned earlier we think we would be happy if we get what we want. Even th

Have we ever considered what makes us the most happiest person?
It's neither in winning any trophy nor being the topper of the class..It comes from the satisfaction of helping someone and bringing a smile on their face.
The household maid working in our house has three daughter's.. It was the marriage of the younger daughter and she invited our family but was was unsure whether we will visit her house to bless their daughter??
On the wedding day of her daughter when she sa

Someone has rightly said that we are born to be real, not to be perfect. The secret of happiness is enclosed within this one line. Most of the people in the world try to become like others. They underestimate themselves. They forget that each and every human being is born with the same capacity. It depends on us how we use our capabilities and convert them into opportunities. Instead of improving ourselves, we compare our life with other people who are more successful than us, and try to become

For 18 years, I had been searching for the secret of happiness. I looked for happiness in my grades, my musical career, my friendships, my family, and my relationship. These provided happiness, don’t get me wrong, but only temporary happiness.

I found the secret of happiness the last month of my freshman year when I accepted Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior. The moment I said yes to Jesus, the Holy Spirit entered into me, and he made me aware of areas of my life I n

Often times while exploring outside places, our fears and insecurities ride along like dark shadows on our sides. And when it's time to set for a soul-searching, we back-off. 

I have always been a fan of Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI). This has helped me unravel my capabilities and guard my focus of honing my strengths in the past roads of my teenage journey. My mother has been a consistent, good reminder to be unafraid in leaping out from my comfort zone and

"Happiness depends on ourselves." -Aristotle

The secret of happiness is a question that many find difficult to answer, and that is because many people focus on all of the negativity in their lives. This is why not many people can say that they feel happy--They don't think about it because it's easier for them to focus on the bad things that happen to them since there is such an abundance of negativity in their lives. Why?

When you focus on negativity, you are only going to

I finished secondary school in 2013, I have been trying to get into the university but things doesn't seem to work out, last year I almost had an admission and I messed up the opportunity. You see I wrote an exam to get into the university last year and I passed the examination, everyone believed I would make the admission list except my parents, is like they were anticipating my failure because I have never done anything successfully without their help, so I was determined to get into school o

People's second chances take shape in various forms. While others enjoy theirs in the form of forgiveness, I had experienced mine in a very unusual method: a dream.

There he was. My healthy grandfather hanged in his favorite green shirt appeared very fine to me. I quickly snaffled the opportunity to sequel him a very tight hug as if it were years the last time I sensed his warm skin and mesmerized his smile that taught me how to hope for the best. But it became clear to me why the fe