In the News: Gun Control

ellie95
Gun control is a big debate, as of right now, in the United States. Many people are for it and many people are against it. I think that more high school and college students should be interested in the topic of gun control because whatever is decided on what to do about gun control may affect them latter in our lives. The gun control debate is a really big thing for my town because almost everybody that lives here is a hunter and they love to hunt. By having gun control stricter and by changing the way guns are now is something that nobody wants here. Many people want the gun laws to stay the same and they want the government and others to stop worrying about it, but how can they with different tragic accidents that have recently happened? I get why people are worried about how guns are controlled right now and why they want the laws to be stricter on guns. I think that before you give a gun to somebody you need to do a serious background check on that person. They need to have better tests to see if the people are mentally stable and make sure that if this person has a gun nothing will get out of hand and that they can really trust this person with a gun. Gun control is a serious topic and if something goes wrong then we may all get into lots of trouble.