In the news: I'm most interested in the gay rights debate.

mblackhorse7
In the news I’ve been hearing a lot about the gay rights debate and all opinions on the subject, especially where I live in Utah. People are very upset about the thought of same sex marriages in Utah mainly because of the mass population of LDS people in the state. I personally think that it is important to address this problem because we have been ignoring it for so long. I think that we need to respect the people who are standing up for what they believe in, even though most of the world is working against them. We need to recognize that they feel this way and understand that all they want is to be treated just like everyone else. They should be ruled out because of who they love or attracted to, they should be able to joined with the one they love, just I you or I would if we were to every find that special someone. I’m not trying to force a way of life on to you but I do wish that more people could have an open mind and see things in different perspectives. It also doesn’t do any good to ignore what is happening with the same sex marriage debate; you should voice your opinion and try to see what people are saying that goes for both sides of the debate. We all need to listen to people more instead of blocking out what you don’t want to hear, a very smart man told me once, “people have the right to be wrong” which means people have to right to express their opinion and be heard even if you don’t agree with them.