To graduate, or not??

mcoly618
What's the point in stressing out about what classes you need to take, or how many credits you do or do not have? The job market these days is so bad that it's hard to image even getting a job once I graduate, supposedly in May 2011. So lately I have been thinking about what to do after graduation and all that comes to mind is, Grad School. I mean what better way to avoid the job market then to continue your education. For me, it could be going for my Masters in Communication or even to a trade school for a Culinary Certification. It could give me more to offer potential employers or just an extension to avoid the crappy job market. So what do I do, Graduate in May and enter the "real" world or continue for another semester or even year taking grad courses then graduate. After having a few grad courses under my belt it would be easier to complete my Masters Degree at another school. Or do I go to trade school? The time is nearing to make a move, so what move should I make??
Comment by laureldiehl

You're not the only one facing these kinds of decisions, Meg. In this job market, unfortunately, Bachelor's degrees don't always cut it. It always helps to have a Master's under your belt - but then you're facing the hefty cost of grad school.

If you go to a trade school - keep in mind that they usually enroll lots of people from all walks of life, so the market that you're training from in that trade school is very competitive. On the pro side, in most trade schools, you have someone working on your side to help find you a job. Most trade schools have Career Services that provide you with resume tips, interview tips, and job leads.

No matter what education you do, just make sure you finish it. It's amazing just how much that little piece of paper is really worth when it comes to job hunting.

<3
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 7:21:18 PM