STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

To graduate, or not??

mcoly618
What's the point in stressing out about what classes you need to take, or how many credits you do or do not have? The job market these days is so bad that it's hard to image even getting a job once I graduate, supposedly in May 2011. So lately I have been thinking about what to do after graduation and all that comes to mind is, Grad School. I mean what better way to avoid the job market then to continue your education. For me, it could be going for my Masters in Communication or even to a trade school for a Culinary Certification. It could give me more to offer potential employers or just an extension to avoid the crappy job market. So what do I do, Graduate in May and enter the "real" world or continue for another semester or even year taking grad courses then graduate. After having a few grad courses under my belt it would be easier to complete my Masters Degree at another school. Or do I go to trade school? The time is nearing to make a move, so what move should I make??
Rate this:
Comment by laureldiehl

You're not the only one facing these kinds of decisions, Meg. In this job market, unfortunately, Bachelor's degrees don't always cut it. It always helps to have a Master's under your belt - but then you're facing the hefty cost of grad school.

If you go to a trade school - keep in mind that they usually enroll lots of people from all walks of life, so the market that you're training from in that trade school is very competitive. On the pro side, in most trade schools, you have someone working on your side to help find you a job. Most trade schools have Career Services that provide you with resume tips, interview tips, and job leads.

No matter what education you do, just make sure you finish it. It's amazing just how much that little piece of paper is really worth when it comes to job hunting.

<3
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 7:21:18 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy