My Song: “Delilah” by Mavado [it give me and my girlfriend the idea to name our daughter Delylah].

dosh06
I remember hear that song for the first time while driving. I am a Jamaican so I listen to reggae a lot of the time. The song Delilah is sing by my favorite music artist in the world Mavado. He is one of the best music artists in Jamaican and is getting recognized worldwide. Delilah as the song proclaims is about a girl that is pretty, seductive, sexy and is a heartbreaker. I always play that song, learn all the words and memorized it. Up to this day it is still my favorite song. I play it so much that my baby mom says that she is going to name our daughter Delylah. I was happy, up to this day I am still happy. My daughter who is 9 months now also loves that song; I always play and sing it for her. That song is like a story because people always ask why we name our daughter Delylah and we told them and they laugh and like it. That song will always be a part of me because it reminds me of my daughter. When I am down or missing my daughter I play that song just for her cause she is the most important thing in the world to me and I wouldn’t change it for the world. So when she gets older I hoping that song will also be a part of her cause I am going to be very protective of her cause she is my daughter. I want her to be strong, pretty and a heartbreaker that’s independent, confident and a real woman that is strong and know what she want. Kind of what is proclaims in the song. That song has some good thing and some bad thing to say about Delilah. What I learn and want her to learn is the good part of the song, about what it is saying and the kind of message that, that song is putting out there. Everyone who hears that song loves it because it is a nice name for a baby girl. Delilah is also proclaiming in history as the woman who betrays Samson and was his downfall. She did all that for money, but to me that history what I want is for her have the good trait that is in the song, the name and uses it as part of her life style in life.
Comment by Justina

I hope your daughter does grow up to become all those things you wish her to be! And that is a lovely name. When Delylah is old enough to attend school, she'll have such a cool way of telling people how she was named, haha. :)
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:17:25 AM