STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Thank you for all you have taught me

mcoly618
Sometimes looking back at through the different chapters of life things jump out at you. Things that you wish you could change, or maybe even regret. Recently, there have been many changes in my life and with those changes I have began to look over my life as a whole. I just turned 21 last Saturday, my best friend 10 days before that. I leave for a 5 week study abroad trip 5 weeks from now. And 2 days after I return to the states, I move into my first apartment with my boyfriend. Not to mention I will be entering my senior year in college. Some of these things seem as though they are the end, leading me into the beginning of something new and sensational.
Pondering my life lead me to think about all those who have helped me along the way. I recently lost a close friend from college in a motorcycle accident. The last time I saw him was St. Patrick's Day and you can guess what we were doing. The next day I was in the emergency room for appendicitis and I got the call that he was being flown into the same ER. 6 days later he passed and we were all left devastated. Within my dorm we created cards, banners, a memorial service, and attended his funeral as a whole.
This was one of the first times I struggled to say goodbye. It was so sudden, so unexpected, so unreal. I felt angry, guilty, and out of control. It hit me like a ton of bricks a few days later and cried until I could cry anymore. It shouldn't take a death for you to realize how special someone is or how much they mean to you. I will never be able to tell Michael how much of an inspiration to me he was or that I had a huge crush on him or just see him dance again.
I want to take the time now to say thank him for all that he did for me, for Johnson Hall, and for Kutztown University. I want to thank him for always having a smile on no matter what and making me smile too. I want to thank him for being a great friend, drinking buddy, and co-worker. Most of all I want him to know that he changed me for the better and will live forever in my heart. I will always be NUSCA STRONG. Thanks buddy.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy