Thank you for all you have taught me

mcoly618
Sometimes looking back at through the different chapters of life things jump out at you. Things that you wish you could change, or maybe even regret. Recently, there have been many changes in my life and with those changes I have began to look over my life as a whole. I just turned 21 last Saturday, my best friend 10 days before that. I leave for a 5 week study abroad trip 5 weeks from now. And 2 days after I return to the states, I move into my first apartment with my boyfriend. Not to mention I will be entering my senior year in college. Some of these things seem as though they are the end, leading me into the beginning of something new and sensational.
Pondering my life lead me to think about all those who have helped me along the way. I recently lost a close friend from college in a motorcycle accident. The last time I saw him was St. Patrick's Day and you can guess what we were doing. The next day I was in the emergency room for appendicitis and I got the call that he was being flown into the same ER. 6 days later he passed and we were all left devastated. Within my dorm we created cards, banners, a memorial service, and attended his funeral as a whole.
This was one of the first times I struggled to say goodbye. It was so sudden, so unexpected, so unreal. I felt angry, guilty, and out of control. It hit me like a ton of bricks a few days later and cried until I could cry anymore. It shouldn't take a death for you to realize how special someone is or how much they mean to you. I will never be able to tell Michael how much of an inspiration to me he was or that I had a huge crush on him or just see him dance again.
I want to take the time now to say thank him for all that he did for me, for Johnson Hall, and for Kutztown University. I want to thank him for always having a smile on no matter what and making me smile too. I want to thank him for being a great friend, drinking buddy, and co-worker. Most of all I want him to know that he changed me for the better and will live forever in my heart. I will always be NUSCA STRONG. Thanks buddy.