STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Venting, mostly

michness
Sometimes things don’t always go the way you expect them to.

For me lately, that’s a lot of the time.

First (perhaps the least significant downer): We moved back into school almost three weeks ago to no cable. None. Absolutely no signal. The school recently changed cable providers, meaning we had to pay $35 for a crummy cable box that works sometimes (not to mention the cost of cable the school takes out of our tuition). We finally got cable back yesterday.

Second: My relationships with some of my friends have gotten weird. I’m not immune to this sad symptom of growing up—some friends come and go. Two of very close friends have clung to each other (since they discovered a mutual interest in baking) and have been hanging out without me knowing. I mean, it’s not a huge friendship penalty. But it still sucks to see Facebook photos from their baking adventures and know that I was not informed, let alone invited.

Third: My classes this semester strike an uncomfortable balance between being ridiculously easy, and ridiculously difficult. I have to read over 200 pages for two classes this weekend, and then write three responses. My Senior Seminar class culminates in a 20 page research paper on anything I want related to writing. Problem is, everything I’ve wanted to write about, I’ve already written about.

Fourth: I feel disappointed. I want to tell you why, internet, but it would be rude and inappropriate for me to do so. But I think you can relate to this: you want something so badly, you’re sure you’re going to get it, and then someone else gets it.

Not everything is misery, of course. My roommate Casey and I have resumed and improved our “are-you-two-ever-apart” type friendship (this question has already been asked by three professors and the Dean of Academic Affairs, our old advisor). I applied for graduation (and paid almost $110 to do so, which is slightly misery). My fiancé and I are still doing well.

I can’t believe I’m done in May. I feel like I just started college.

Anyone know any companies that are hiring copyeditors?
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy