Venting, mostly

michness
Sometimes things don’t always go the way you expect them to.

For me lately, that’s a lot of the time.

First (perhaps the least significant downer): We moved back into school almost three weeks ago to no cable. None. Absolutely no signal. The school recently changed cable providers, meaning we had to pay $35 for a crummy cable box that works sometimes (not to mention the cost of cable the school takes out of our tuition). We finally got cable back yesterday.

Second: My relationships with some of my friends have gotten weird. I’m not immune to this sad symptom of growing up—some friends come and go. Two of very close friends have clung to each other (since they discovered a mutual interest in baking) and have been hanging out without me knowing. I mean, it’s not a huge friendship penalty. But it still sucks to see Facebook photos from their baking adventures and know that I was not informed, let alone invited.

Third: My classes this semester strike an uncomfortable balance between being ridiculously easy, and ridiculously difficult. I have to read over 200 pages for two classes this weekend, and then write three responses. My Senior Seminar class culminates in a 20 page research paper on anything I want related to writing. Problem is, everything I’ve wanted to write about, I’ve already written about.

Fourth: I feel disappointed. I want to tell you why, internet, but it would be rude and inappropriate for me to do so. But I think you can relate to this: you want something so badly, you’re sure you’re going to get it, and then someone else gets it.

Not everything is misery, of course. My roommate Casey and I have resumed and improved our “are-you-two-ever-apart” type friendship (this question has already been asked by three professors and the Dean of Academic Affairs, our old advisor). I applied for graduation (and paid almost $110 to do so, which is slightly misery). My fiancé and I are still doing well.

I can’t believe I’m done in May. I feel like I just started college.

Anyone know any companies that are hiring copyeditors?