Trust and Safety

yash_kan
Trust is a very strong word. It is capable of making or breaking a relationship. You can love the person you trust but you can't trust all the people you love. There could be exceptions to the above statement. You've got to trust someone or something to move ahead in your life.
If you trust somebody you would naturally feel safe at their place. So trust and safety are interlinked. You might not feel safe at places you like too. For instance, I used to like my school but I never felt safe during my sixth and seventh grade. I was always scared of being hit. I was never hit by my parents but during my schooling I was hit quite often and terribly too. That's what made me lose my liking for teachers. I agree that I wasn't a good student during my sixth and seventh grade. My notes were always incomplete and most of my teachers hated me for that reason. I was hit terribly by them and I was once punished because I was absent for a week. I was always scared of going to school. One of the reasons I liked my school was I had friends there. Thought it seems so bad to hear, I miss those days and I miss my friends. I know I was wrong but they had no right to hit me. I'm never going to forgive them because they made me lose my trust on my teachers and my school.
The few people I trust are my parents, sibling and some of my friends. More than anyone, I trust myself. You can't trust everyone and not every place is safe.