I overcame a major transition

rawan11
I overcame a major transition leaving my mother and friends for college while looking ahead to my future. There are few true friends except for your family. They do their best to make you happy and support your choices. It was very difficult leaving my Mom. She is my greatest influence, cares about me the most, and has kept me on a straight path. We will be apart not just a month or so, but many years until I complete my degree.
Mom made me strong. That strength has enabled me to start a new life in a new country with a new culture and meet new friends. In time I will feel better. I learned after graduating from high school that life is very hard.
To have everything you want without an effort is an easy-come-easy-go scenario and could go as fast as it came. However, if you concentrate all your efforts on what you want, you’re going to make sure to keep it and protect it until the end of your life. I am proud of myself for proceeding with my life. I also started a new job, and I am very excited. However, I know it’s not easy to start college and work at the same time, but I need to acquire some work experience as well. I am an outgoing person, and I love new adventures in my life and meeting new people. I make friends easily and enjoy helping those in need. I have been a good listener for others, and it was a high that I never thought I could feel. I love to enjoy my life. I also learned I have to be responsible for everything I say before I speak and listen wisely
College is very different than high school. High school had less structure, and college is basically self-study. Nothing is hard if you work at it. We have to work at our dreams to make them come true. I understand that college is an important, powerful, and positive influence on a person's life. I will never give up. I will remain confident and optimistic even though I know it’s going to be difficult and take up most of my free time. “I’ll do my dreaming with my eyes wide open, and I’ll do my looking back with my eyes closed (Arata, n.d.).

RD