Media: My Unnatural Obsession

lshainraque0001
Though it may seem horribly cliche to say this, media is probably about 80% of my life. I'm not talking television or the internet, I'm talking about books. It is remarkable how impressionable I am when it comes to my book selection. A pretty dust jacket or catchy title can enthrall me like no other. Books are certainly the biggest form of media in my life and they somehow have a way of insinuating themselves in every aspect of my day to day. Be it books for business or pleasure, I am hooked for life. I tend to think more highly of books than any other form of media and I have to say that the digital era leaves me a bit worried. I know that more people are reading because of kindles and nooks but there is just something special about the smell of a book, the feel of a book, and the ability to look back on the progress that you have made through any one work that is like nothing you have ever felt before. I cannot understand how some people are so repulsed by literature that rather than read they look up summaries but I suppose to each his own.
Comment by michness

lshainraque0001,

I'm the Writing Intern for StageofLife.com.

We wanted to let you know that your essay for our Teens and Media writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensandMedia.aspx

Two things...
1) Megan, our PR Coordinator, will be in touch with you via email (the one you used to register for StageofLife.com) to see if you'd like to be named in our national press release going out via PR Newswire.
2) Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Michelle

Right on! I am impressed! I often wonder and sometimes worry that books may become obsolete. It would be a sad day. I am so glad you have and enjoy such a pleasurable niche! Good job.
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:27:29 AM