Media: And Me

jbig782
I feel that the students of generation X have strongly been over looked. A lot of advertisement encourages us to go to school at the same time other groups especially in the government clime that too much money is going to aid students. Something that is vary rarely spoken about is what a student can do after they finally have a degree, if you have applied for a job lately you will find that most places want you to have at least 5 to 10 years of experience at the same time they are requesting new ideas and innovation. It is almost impossible to go straight from school into a high paying job. We are smart individuals that are trying to gain knowledge so that some day sooner than latter we can live the life style that the generation before us had, and provide for our families.

Sometimes I think that the media would have us believe that things are much better than they really are. In my English class just last week we introduced our selves to the class and about 85 percent of us are unemployed. It was nice to know that I am not the only one without a job at the same time the thought how sad came to my mind. All of us in the class are capable of working if jobs were available. When I see other people from generation X a lot of them live with their parents or are on some type of finical aid and yet it is not talked about in the news or the media as much as it should be. In fact the media would have people believe that America is doing well. This belief is supported by the exposure of the crumbling governments of other countries instead of focusing on the problem right here in America. As things get worse in the USA more talk is turned to what America is going to do to fix the Middle east as if some how the USA can fix there government problems.

I think it would be vary refreshing to read a magazine article about what can be done to get a good job after you have your degree. Or if the media would interview CEOs of companies to find out what there plans are and how our generation can help. I feel that a lot of the time the resin generation X love video games is the fact that in a game you can make a difference. The ability to take on challenges by banding together with strangers in order to bring down a boss or build an army and conquer territory is what fills the gap and huge question what can I do to make a difference. I would go so far as to say that the media plays into the dreams of people displaying wants and not needs. If the media showed America in its true form the broadcast or article would be rated R.