STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Marriage: I Gotta Watch You Get Old?

desire90
"You sicken me! If I hear one more word from your pathetic mouth, I swear.... Will you just leave me alone!? Why did I ask you to marry me?" Marriage seems like a sick form of torture that should be on a reality show for people to look at and say "I'd hate to be those guys." But I saw the most beautiful thing today, it radiated love, passion, patience and overall happiness. I saw a man stare into a woman's eyes while he told her he loved her. He seemed so captivated and hypnotized by her big blue eyes and smile that was undeniably beautiful. I thought to myself "i bet you anything they've been together for no longer than 5 or 6 months." Something caught my eye though, they were wearing matching golden wedding rings. I was waiting on edge for him to say something to mess up the moment, but no, they went along with their day with smiles that brightened the room. Marriage is beautiful, it is meant to be such thing, not a contract that binds us to horror. God intended man and woman to be joined together so humans do not have to suffer the feeling of being physically alone. He wants us to experience the greatness of Him in every way; I believe that marriage is an example of how God binds us to Him forever. Marriage lasts until death...or until divorce papers...But God wants us to be attached to Him forever and show His love for us until we breath our last breath. The value of marriage is decreasing rapidly in society today unfortunately, but if everyone knew the deeper meaning of marriage, I believe more couples would remain married. Wedlock should radiate God's love, it was only meant to. It should be a joyful journey in our lives that will have bumps and bruises along the road, but God will always be there to help us back up. I heard my pastor tell my parents one day, "The day you two can give up on each other is the day God will give up on you two."
Rate this:
Comment by jasoncaleb

That was deep. And it is encouraging to see that you are speaking out about marriage in this way. It is sad to see that not very many people in our society value marriage the way it could be.
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:33:08 PM
Rate this:
Comment by ByOurLove

Very inspiring, however I did have one problem with it. God never gives up on you until after you take your dying breath. Sure, he gets frustrated. He even gets angry, but the Heavenly Father that I know never gives up, even when we mess up. And yes, we mess up every day.
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:26:10 PM
Rate this:
Comment by desire90

"The day you two can give up on each other is the day God will give up on you two." This quote means God won't give up on you.... The day you two are allowed to give up on each other is when God gives up on you....which means you aren't allowed to give up on each other, ever, since God won't Read it a couple times, it'll sink it. :)
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:13:06 PM
Rate this:
Comment by DarkStar49

Your view of marriage is very real. I loved your essay and the way you set forth your examples to support your belief. As the first commenter stated, it is a shame that so many people in our time don't see the wonder and beauty in marriage, such as you have written. Awesome essay, and the best of luck to you!
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 6:10:34 AM
Rate this:
Comment by bugcandy

I wanted to let you know that your essay for our February writing contest about marriage was one of the finalists. Megan, our PR Coordinator, will be in touch with you (if she hasn't already) via email.

We'll be announcing the winner later today or tomorrow. I personally look forward to seeing more of your essays/writing on StageofLife.com.

Thanks for sharing your point of view with us!

Yours,

Eric
Presient & CEO, StageofLife.com

P.s. Did you enter the current student writing contest?
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:55:22 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy