Marriage: I Gotta Watch You Get Old?

desire90
"You sicken me! If I hear one more word from your pathetic mouth, I swear.... Will you just leave me alone!? Why did I ask you to marry me?" Marriage seems like a sick form of torture that should be on a reality show for people to look at and say "I'd hate to be those guys." But I saw the most beautiful thing today, it radiated love, passion, patience and overall happiness. I saw a man stare into a woman's eyes while he told her he loved her. He seemed so captivated and hypnotized by her big blue eyes and smile that was undeniably beautiful. I thought to myself "i bet you anything they've been together for no longer than 5 or 6 months." Something caught my eye though, they were wearing matching golden wedding rings. I was waiting on edge for him to say something to mess up the moment, but no, they went along with their day with smiles that brightened the room. Marriage is beautiful, it is meant to be such thing, not a contract that binds us to horror. God intended man and woman to be joined together so humans do not have to suffer the feeling of being physically alone. He wants us to experience the greatness of Him in every way; I believe that marriage is an example of how God binds us to Him forever. Marriage lasts until death...or until divorce papers...But God wants us to be attached to Him forever and show His love for us until we breath our last breath. The value of marriage is decreasing rapidly in society today unfortunately, but if everyone knew the deeper meaning of marriage, I believe more couples would remain married. Wedlock should radiate God's love, it was only meant to. It should be a joyful journey in our lives that will have bumps and bruises along the road, but God will always be there to help us back up. I heard my pastor tell my parents one day, "The day you two can give up on each other is the day God will give up on you two."
Comment by jasoncaleb

That was deep. And it is encouraging to see that you are speaking out about marriage in this way. It is sad to see that not very many people in our society value marriage the way it could be.
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:33:08 PM
Comment by ByOurLove

Very inspiring, however I did have one problem with it. God never gives up on you until after you take your dying breath. Sure, he gets frustrated. He even gets angry, but the Heavenly Father that I know never gives up, even when we mess up. And yes, we mess up every day.
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:26:10 PM
Comment by desire90

"The day you two can give up on each other is the day God will give up on you two." This quote means God won't give up on you.... The day you two are allowed to give up on each other is when God gives up on you....which means you aren't allowed to give up on each other, ever, since God won't Read it a couple times, it'll sink it. :)
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:13:06 PM

Your view of marriage is very real. I loved your essay and the way you set forth your examples to support your belief. As the first commenter stated, it is a shame that so many people in our time don't see the wonder and beauty in marriage, such as you have written. Awesome essay, and the best of luck to you!
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 6:10:34 AM
Comment by bugcandy

I wanted to let you know that your essay for our February writing contest about marriage was one of the finalists. Megan, our PR Coordinator, will be in touch with you (if she hasn't already) via email.

We'll be announcing the winner later today or tomorrow. I personally look forward to seeing more of your essays/writing on StageofLife.com.

Thanks for sharing your point of view with us!

Yours,

Eric
Presient & CEO, StageofLife.com

P.s. Did you enter the current student writing contest?
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:55:22 PM