The Secret of Happiness: It's You

portersteven15
"Happiness depends on ourselves." -Aristotle

The secret of happiness is a question that many find difficult to answer, and that is because many people focus on all of the negativity in their lives. This is why not many people can say that they feel happy--They don't think about it because it's easier for them to focus on the bad things that happen to them since there is such an abundance of negativity in their lives. Why?

When you focus on negativity, you are only going to attract more negativity. When you wake up and check your mailbox, anticipating another bill. You are clouding your mind with negative thoughts. You are anticipating negative outcomes. Ever notice how when something slightly bad happens in the start of your day, that everything after that seems to spiral down with it? That is because you let it. Your thoughts dictate how you feel. If you always think negatively, how are you ever supposed to feel positively?

Instead of anticipating things to go wrong, start anticipating things to go right! Don't just think about it, actually believe it! Say to yourself "I am successful in life, and I thrive in all things I set my mind to". This is just a broad statement. Be specific, tell yourself exactly what you are going to do in life, and when you are going to do it. Make it believable, but set big goals for yourself! This generates positive thoughts, and energy. Think about things you have accomplished in life, and things that you are grateful for. This helps you to appreciate yourself, and everything around you, thus generating more positive thoughts, and feelings.

You are the dictator of your own happiness. Every thought, every feeling, every choice, is decided by you. You are the secret. The secret of happiness, is you.