Second Chances: Mere Life Changers

Sana_Ali
We are human beings, we all make mistakes and I think we should certainly be punished for them, but we should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. What if we all get a second chance? We all will take it. Like everyone else in this world, I have had sufferings. There are disappointments and hindrances in everybody’s life. I feel like I am writing “Second Chances: Mere Life Changers” not just for myself, but also for all those people who have struggled.
Some three and a half years back, I was given the first ever opportunity to speak for myself, for making my own identity, for standing out among people, the first ever chance for a 12-year old girl to speak in front of people, to make them listen her voice, to step out of her own little world. I was grateful, but afraid; perhaps it would be my first and last chance, thinking of what if I couldn’t do my best, what if I didn’t get a second chance to start all this over again and through all my pondering and anticipations I failed, I let myself down. For me it was a do or die game, I just had to speak in front of some people and get myself the winning trophy but instead I got myself disqualified from the contest. I couldn’t believe it was happening; my first chance became my first failure! But then, I tried to make myself understand that it wasn’t the end of world. I could’ve quit trying to stand out and easily gone into dismay, but I was given a second chance. A year later, I was standing at the same place among the applause of people, hearing a voice, “It’s an honor for us to announce that our brilliant student Sana Ali has secured 2nd position”. There I was, holding my trophy, standing head high, preparing myself for another head-to-head battle, for pursuing people that second chances are mere life changers, not only for making you just a runner-up but indeed a learned person, a person who will never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
I want the world to know that everybody deserves a second chance, whoever it is, everybody in this world deserves a second chance, that’s basically all I ask and all we need because there’s nothing exciting as a comeback, seeing the big dreams, watching them fail, and then getting a second chance to let them live and grow and flourish.