STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Second Chance: Turning Point of My Career

SABARIGIRI
SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER
"The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days.
When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a sudden incident turned down my life.
One day my class teacher entered into my class and told that the students from other classes were completed their speech and it is the turn of our class. Everybody in my class was very eager to give their speech except me, because I do not know to speak in English fluently and I had a huge stage fear. Since I was quiet without any response, my teacher decided me to give speech. I refused, but she ordered me to give.
I had a great fear, as it was my first experience to give a speech before 300 or more students. Later that night, I was prepared and mugged-up the speech for several times with little confidence.
Next day, I went to school and as usual, the prayer session was gone. Next, they called my name for giving speech and I took my steps into the auditorium. When I was moving near to mike, my mind was fully empty because of stage fear and I forgot the speech that I mugged up last night. I slowly moved near the mike and said " Good Morning ……… and Thank you". The children around the auditorium started to laugh on hearing these words and finally I started to cry.
After the completion of prayer, My English teacher called me and asked what you did? I replied, "Because of huge crowd and stage fear, I can't open my mouth". Added" I practised several times in my home but I can't deliver it here"."I can't give and I quit".
On hearing, these words from me, my teacher started to laugh and said, "Don’t think it as a shame. It is just a small part of experience.you are going to face many challenges in your life. Do you say quit for everything when you failed or ashamed by anyone."
"Let me give yet another chance and you prove to this students who you are?" said by my English Teacher. This word really gave me great confidence and the very next day I gave the same speech with full confidence.
This second chance makes a turning point as I totally lost my stage fear and even today I use to give speeches during free time in my college. I always insist my friends "if you failed on doing any work, never feel bad, as you will have a second chance where you can give your best".
Rate this:
Comment by JonathanOverton

Good writing skills are crucial for the career! Once I got in stuck with my writings and these guys help me with my case study analysis paper. It really was enough to push my grades that finally was one of the factors that helped me to get a job. Thank you for the article!
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:10:14 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Monicaacozad

Thank you
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 11:08:41 AM
Rate this:
Comment by mongol

Hello everyone, was interesting to read your article. Usually i'm reading New York Times , but now i will read you too!
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 3:42:34 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Beareseser

Author, you wrote very important things, thank you. Who would not say, and the desire for a career does not promise anything bad. It is necessary from the very beginning, from the time of studying at the university, together with https://craftresumes.com/resume-rewrite-service/ thinking about its purpose. Since lack of experience gives an impetus to writing a professional resume and return in the long term
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:10:33 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy