The Sisterhood of the traveling prayers

asymone
I have 6 sisters, none of which are biological. We argue, we fight, we yell, we kick, we scream, sometimes we even punch. We love, we shield, we hope, we stay steadfast, we pray. To have a group so tightly bonded, that pray for you at every chance, on every call to them; a blessing if there ever was one. God knows exactly who to put in your life, in combination with others. These 6 are a great combination.

Unfortunately, we aren't always the Brady Bunch. Sometimes we hurt each other, deeper than most because how could your "sister" say such things, do such things, think such things? Thats not a sister. It is. To have friends who never disagree with you, is to not have "friends" at all. Nobody deserves a group of yes men. We need those people in our lives who can tell us about ourselves, who can play the devils advocate, and yes, who can sometimes hurt us. Thats what makes us real. But to be able to step aside, always, and pray is powerful. Its pure, selfless love. That is sisterhood.

Sisterly love. Set apart from any other love. We would kill for each other. We would never leave a sister behind. From the blunt, to the bold, to the broken; we each hold a unique place in the sisterhood. We each inhabit a place, reserved for only ourselves. A place that acts as a piece, and the piece is a part of the whole. Without one, we lose and we won't go down without a fight.

I know what it feels like to be in love. I am in love with these women. They held my head high for me, when i hung it in shame. They care more about me, than the mistakes I've made. They see me as God sees me. That is love. They would come running at my outcry. They pray for me. These women pray for me. They don't just give me false hope. They speak to the most high God, and plead with him. Heal her, comfort her, love her, crown her for she is a queen.

Near or far, through sickness and health, for better or for worse, these are my sisters. This is our sisterhood of the traveling prayers.