Fate...coincidence...or was it actually choice?

Tanssia
It's easier to think, ah this was meant to be. Whatever will happen will happen. But...everything that we do, they're our choices. Whether it be the ones that we regret or the ones we're glad we made. For me, I had always been confused about what I wanted to do with my life. I wasn't sure. But, somehow nursing stuck out for me. In my 9th grade career orientation class I had chosen to interview a nurse, even though it didn't seem like something I was going to do. Then college rolled around and because I felt like there was nothing else that I wanted to pursue doing, that's where I went into. There were many obstacles along the way that made me want to quit. But, in the end, all I could think was, I've come too far. It's too late to quit now.
Then came the test. It was a varicella test. Something I had no control over. If I didn't get test results showing that I bad immunity to chicken pox, I was out of the program. It would take too long to get the vaccination. I would have to miss over half the semester. Those couple days waiting for the tests results were brutal.
I kept thinking about contingency plans. I remember talking to God and saying, or more like bargaining even though that's not right. That if the results were positive, I would try harder at this second chance he gave me. I would try my best to be a nurse.

The results showed I had immunity.