Life is full of surprises and often mysterious!

Astro69
Hello, my name is Lori.

I am a baby boomer, living in Brisbane, Sunny Queensland, Australia.

Having recently semi retired from paid work , my latest desire is to share my life experiences within a blog, your blog, and would be very grateful if you would allow it.

I often think that Life is full of surprises and often mysterious!
How else can I explain how I have lived in three Continents within seven years, as a teenager?
I was eighteen years old when my father told us out of the blue, that we were to move to Italy, our country of origin, and leave the palace we so much loved the palce where we were born the palce we always taught was our country. This palce is called Eritrea, a very tiny country on the Horn of Africa, a former Italian colony. We left every thing behind us and moved on to a new place, an unknown place . It was 1964.

As a babyboomer I experienced those life changing events that touched us all very deeply such as Elvis Presley’s success, and the assassination of John Kennedy. This was possible thanks to the Kagnew Station, a United States Army installation in Asmara, a former Italian Colony.
These events lead me to appreciate and love America and the American people.
At the age of 16 I had a strong desire to speak English, but never in my wildest dream did I think I would one day I would teach it to newcomers to Australia, which has been my home for the last 46 years.

I would love to know if there are babyboomeers out there who had similar experiences and ask them this question
what is your biggest frustration as a babyboomer in the 21st century or more to the point in 2016.
Many thanks.
Your fellow babyboomer:
Lori