Animals: MAX, a fighter dog

palika rastogi
I have a pet dog whose name is MAX. He is so cute but mischievous too. My uncle gifted me it on this new year eve. That time, he was just 20 days old. He loves to play and I always try to take out some drops of time from my hectic schedule to play with him. Generally, he used to play with his ball but his favorite toy is my brother's skeeters. He never let them go away from him.
When he was just 1 month older, i took him up on my bed and he slept with me and as soon as the sun rises, he woke me up by licking my face and hand. Whole day, he do mischievous things. He never sit silently. My mom always used to make him silent but he never understands. If, sometimes, no one talks to him he came and sit silently near our legs and lick our feet. One day, he took my mom's sleeper and cut it off fully. Another day, he took my sister's college socks and hide them behind the sofa. She tried to find them while getting ready for the college but failed and at last, when she was leaving for her college, he came near her with her socks in his mouth. That was the most lovely moment. And the most amazing thing is that ,when he starts running ,nobody in my home dares to catch him . But apart from all his mischievous habits, everyone in my family loves him so much.
But recently, one day he didn't came to me to wake me up by licking me. He was not in the drawing room. Neither, he was barking on anyone nor he was sitting behind the sofa and chewing anything. We all were shocked that where was he? My father searched him everywhere in the house and found him in the balcony. He was sitting there with his head down to the earth not doing any mischief and suddenly, he started doing vomiting and stools with blood. We were so afraid after seeing that. My father and brother took him to the doctor immediately. After checkup, doctor told us that he is suffering from parvovirus, a deadly virus which destroys the whole intestine of the dog , and his condition is so critical, it's difficult for him to survive more than 2-5 days. We all were so depressed and prayed to god to help him. Doctor gave him injections and told us to come regularly for his treatment. He didn't eat anything, so silent as he never was. Day by day his health was degrading vigorously and one moment came when we were left with no hope of his survival. But at his last stage, we came to know that he is improving. He fought with virus so courageously. His treatment is done so well. Now, he is recovering so fast and I hope, he become as mischievous as he was, soon.