I'm Thankful for My Dad.

jrusse13
Sometimes I have days where I feel stressed, alone, depressed and I just cry and I cannot stop. I feel like I have no one but when I call home crying, usually monthly, my Dad comes to my rescue and he has since I was a little girl. I am 22 years old and I really have a spectacular life and I have my whole future ahead of me but I still have those days where life is just hard to handle and that is where my Dad comes in and saves me. My Mom told me before that when I was little I was always fine when she was taking care of me during the day but when my Dad got home from work I would run to him and I still do. Sophomore year of high school my first love broke my heart and let me tell you, I was devastated. My Dad hugged me and said, “Jaimie, I was your age once and I know boy’s are going to be jerks until they are at least thirty.” Then Freshman year of college, I was not in my parents house anymore, I was a long eight hours away but, when I called home crying whether it be about school, a boy, friends, or just missing home my Dad would stay on the phone with me until I calmed down and then he would drop what he was doing and drive eight long hours to take me out to dinner and make sure I was alright. Now, a senior in college, my Dad is still the one person who can put a smile on my face. The other day, I called him because I had a petty fight with my mom over my room being a disaster after I left to go back to school and he said, “You and Mom are being silly, this is stupid. I am having a bad day because the Jets won the football game.” I giggled and replied, “Sorry.” Then he goes, “My day just turned around, the Patriots just intercepted the football, that means your day should be better because I am happy.” I laughed and we said our, “I love you’s” and “goodbye’s”, and that conversation changed my whole mood. I can honestly say, my Dad is what I am most thankful for, he is my shoulder when I need to cry and my biggest support system. My mom always said “Your Dad and me are the two people in your life that will always support you know matter what,” and they have proven that every single day.