I’m Thankful for the “free will” I have.

Kae_077
I am born free, we all are. The first cry we had when we were a baby is the first word we ever shared to the world. Well, in theory, that is also the first time we ever used our freedom of speech and the first sign that we are alive. From then on, we discovered that we can exercise our free will. We can speak our mind, share our thoughts, read aloud, fall in love, make music, drink milk, win a Nobel peace prize award, communicate with other people, pray for someone, go to school, shout for peace, buy a gift, sing a Christmas carol, create art, write a poem, play tennis and do a 10m sprint and so on. The point is every little thing we can do is what I am most thankful for.

Our free will is a gift to us from the day we are born though none of us has really considered it is something special because everyone has it. Sadly, it turns out to be an undervalued gift due to the fact that we are blinded by some restrictions we have to follow in order to keep the tranquility in our society. Some people think it’s unnecessary to put laws and rules to set limitations to the endless list of activities humans could do. But I believe that boundaries are imposed to set a line between the good and the bad. To tell us that “free will” entails great responsibility. Really, who would enjoy seeing discomfort of other people? – I won’t, that’s for sure.

Life would be a vacuum, (like the time where in there is nothing in space just emptiness) if we do not have freedom. Can you just imagine a world without free will? I, dare say, that Life as it is would be pointless knowing that words will just be empty words, having goals would be futile and writing would be worthless. Moreover, without my free will and freedom to express my gratitude I won’t be able to say how thankful I am to the people who have inspired me to become a better person.

I am thankful for all the things I can do big or small, it doesn’t matter, because the things I can do helps me realize that life is worth living and that I am free of chains.