Unsung Hero: Surrounded by Heroes

WriterS
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman... They were never around when I was in trouble or needed help. The last time I checked they were superheroes, so where were they? Too busy saving the world? Well, they are not doing a good job at it either. The world is still a mess. They were not my heroes though they are called like that. So, maybe, I didn’t have a hero. At least I thought for a while that I didn’t have one. Then day by day, I realized all these people around me were doing so much for me that maybe they were my real heroes. I can’t credit only one of them as my hero unless there is a way to combine them all in one person. Since genetics are not that much improved yet, I will stick with saying “My unsung heroes”.

Who are these people that are better in being heroes than the ones I mentioned above? They are my family and my friends. My family was my Superman, my friends were my Batman. When Superman was not there to save me from trouble, there was my family. When I needed the batmobile to give me a lift, there were my friends. My family can’t be Batman and my friends can’t be Superman. Without Superman, Lex Luthor will take over and without Batman; Joker will blow up the world.

I have to admit, I sometimes think that my unsung heroes are actually superheroes but they never reveal their superhero identities. They only let me know the Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne sides of them. Super hero or not, they are still my unsung heroes and I am grateful for them. For they have helped me become the person I am today. I couldn’t have followed my dreams without any of you guys.

Thank you each and all.