STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: The one who stand up against bullying

ron0822
Birney Elementary school like every other public schools. Students get in trouble and get detentions. Bullying happens all around the school. Student get into fights with one and another. The chance of stopping a fight or bullying is rarely because teachers or adults don't see it. Some students just didn't care if bullying happens or scared of telling to an adult. Now that has changed since someone took a stand.

I have just moved from the Philippines to United States in San Diego, California. My english wasn't that good and I have only been to the states for 3 months when I started school in Birney. Birney was my first school in the states. I really struggled in English and got made fun for being different. I feel like I didn't fit in with the other kids because I was Filipino. My parents didn't know about this because I didn't want them to worry about it. Then one day, I met this kid

Dylan Smith, was his name and he was the new kid that moved to our school. He was from Toronto, Canada and he also had that Canadian accent. He started as a 4th grader when he got here to our school. He was like me and didn't feel like he fit in. He was bullied a lot until one day he saw someone being bullied. He called an adult and that adult stopped the bullying. The student was thankful that he was rescued. Since that day, everything has changed.

Dylan felt good that day after helping that kid. From that day on, Dylan stand up against his bullies and never was bullied or messed with from that day on. He have also helped those people who were bullied or got in fights by calling an a teacher or an adult to stop it. Bullying was stopped from that day in our school, but still happens rarely. A lot has changed since Dylan stand up against that bully by calling an adult and people didn't know what he did for them.

In conclusion, I think that Dylan is the unsung hero because he wasn't recognized for what he did for others. Students didn't even recognized him for what he did for them or that he was the one who rescued or saved them from being bully. He was the one who prevented bullying from happening a lot and stopped a lot of fights by calling teachers or an adult. Dylan made this school a better place without being recognized. At the end, he had to move again to Las Vegas because of his dad's work in the 5th grade and wasn't able to finish his last year of elementary school.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy