Unsung Hero: The one who stand up against bullying

ron0822
Birney Elementary school like every other public schools. Students get in trouble and get detentions. Bullying happens all around the school. Student get into fights with one and another. The chance of stopping a fight or bullying is rarely because teachers or adults don't see it. Some students just didn't care if bullying happens or scared of telling to an adult. Now that has changed since someone took a stand.

I have just moved from the Philippines to United States in San Diego, California. My english wasn't that good and I have only been to the states for 3 months when I started school in Birney. Birney was my first school in the states. I really struggled in English and got made fun for being different. I feel like I didn't fit in with the other kids because I was Filipino. My parents didn't know about this because I didn't want them to worry about it. Then one day, I met this kid

Dylan Smith, was his name and he was the new kid that moved to our school. He was from Toronto, Canada and he also had that Canadian accent. He started as a 4th grader when he got here to our school. He was like me and didn't feel like he fit in. He was bullied a lot until one day he saw someone being bullied. He called an adult and that adult stopped the bullying. The student was thankful that he was rescued. Since that day, everything has changed.

Dylan felt good that day after helping that kid. From that day on, Dylan stand up against his bullies and never was bullied or messed with from that day on. He have also helped those people who were bullied or got in fights by calling an a teacher or an adult to stop it. Bullying was stopped from that day in our school, but still happens rarely. A lot has changed since Dylan stand up against that bully by calling an adult and people didn't know what he did for them.

In conclusion, I think that Dylan is the unsung hero because he wasn't recognized for what he did for others. Students didn't even recognized him for what he did for them or that he was the one who rescued or saved them from being bully. He was the one who prevented bullying from happening a lot and stopped a lot of fights by calling teachers or an adult. Dylan made this school a better place without being recognized. At the end, he had to move again to Las Vegas because of his dad's work in the 5th grade and wasn't able to finish his last year of elementary school.