Unsung Hero: The Best Friend

movolleyball
We do not realize that our best friends are quite possibly the most important people in our lives. Best friends play many roles in our lives. My best friend acts as my mother when she tells me to turn off the television and do my homework, or how miserable I make myself by continuing to peruse an unhealthy relationship. My best friend is my rock when I have troubles that involve my ever growing distance from my family members. My best friend is the person who in an instant would drive tens of miles to bring me forgotten shoes during an athletic match, or whose couch I would inhabit when I found myself temporarily homeless. My best friend is my twin who finishes my sentences and laughs at all of my quirks because she has them too. My best friend would rush me to the hospital and think horrible worried thoughts but would be brave in front of me. My best friend would give me their blood if they could, donate an organ if they could. My best friend is my mother, my father, my sisters, my brother, people I have known for years, and some I have known for days. My best friend is my soul mate, my significant other, the man I am going to marry, or the people who will love me if I chose never to marry. All of these people impact my life in very different and yet similarly important ways. They all love me unconditionally, sometimes more than I love myself. They all want the best for me, even if it means that we argue more than we smile. One especially important thing that they all have in common is that they are my best friends, my unsung heroes. I don't know what I would do without them.