Random Acts of Kindness: Wait, What?

WriterS
A random act of kindness. When was the last time you did one? Put your hand over your heart and answer this. Did you know Random Acts of Kindness Day is an unofficial holiday celebrated each year on February 17th to make people aware of the goodness in the world?

To be honest, I had no idea there was a day dedicated to random acts of kindness till today. I was not even sure anyone would help a complete stranger without anything in return. This phrase was completely new to me. I wasn’t even sure if I had ever done a random act of kindness. Was I too ignorant or was everyone like me?

With questions in my mind I decided to search it up. My curiosity increasing every second, I started to read what this random act of kindness was. As I read on and on, I was relieved for the things I have read were not new to me. On the contrary, they were actually the things I try to do in my daily life. Smiling to people or just being encouraging. They are not such a big deal and everyone can do them.

During my search I did see people with selfless concern but with concern for welfare of the others and was glad to know that people still care. Some of the stories I read were breathtaking but this one video I watched made me shed a few tears. It was about two little friends and them knowing the meaning of friendship. One was diagnosed with cancer and the other did a whole lot of random acts of kindness just to make his friend happy.

Now, we have come to the part where I talk about my random act of kindness. But that would be boring telling you on and on how good was the deed I did. Instead I decided to do something random right now. I will try to inform everyone about the Random Act of Kindness Day and get many people involved in this act. I am sending messages to people right this second to create awareness that kindness isn’t dead. From this day on February 17th is now a marked date on my calendar.

Why don’t you help me spread the word and have everyone celebrate this February 17th by making random acts of kindness? You can do anything to participate in this day, big or small doesn’t matter. What’s important is that you care. Let’s make this February 17th a day to remember as a day of kindness.
Comment by WriterS

Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 7:26:58 PM