Food for Thought: Thanksgiving Day Dinner

rpgull911
Food For Thought: Thanksgiving Day Dinner

The aroma of freshly cooked turkey fills the bleak kitchen air as the family settles in their seats. The day is finally here. The day that we all wait for year around, the day that lets us eat as much as we want without having to feel remorseful about it later on. This is day is Thanksgivings Day. Arguably the best holiday of the year, because of the many different flavors of food which are rushed around table and into everyone’s mouth. Not only is this holiday built around the many delicious foods, but also more importantly this day brings everyone together. What is the delicious food without anyone to enjoy it with? Without the family being there, the food would doubt ably taste less enjoyable.
The fragrance of sweet pumpkin pie and oven roasted turkey must be the most pleasant scent in the entire world. It is what I would imagine heaven to smell like. The scent pulls the entire family by their noses into the kitchen and around the table. Each person is as anxious as the next for the first bite of turkey that they begin to salivate like wild dogs that have not eaten in days. It is at this time that we all bow are heads, say a quick but meaningful grace, and then allow the feast to begin. This is where all chaos comes out. Bowls of mash potatoes are being flung around the table, the beautiful turkey is being torn apart, the pie is massacred in seconds and the screams of everyone drowns out the pleasant holiday music that was playing in the background.
All the commotion comes to a complete stop as the first spoonful of delightful Thanksgiving Day dinner hits our taste buds. The family is now finally calmed and sociable. Around our family table is where the best memories that I have are made with my family, those of which I will never forget. The whole atmosphere of Thanksgivings and the togetherness of family, friends and great food is why that it is a day of a great food memory to me.