Food for Thought: Pasta & Chicken

vinniescalise
When I think of food, the first thing that comes to my mind is either pasta, or chicken. These two come to my mind first because they are the traditional meal that is always cooked in my house. My grandma makes homemade pasta with homemade sauce and noodles. That is my all-time favorite meal because no one can make it like she does. Sometimes, she even makes it specifically for me. There has been many different ways of cooking chicken done in our kitchen. Whether it’s in a stir-fry, or breaded, or baked, or even grilled, my family loves to eat chicken. Some things that I look forward to with the holidays coming up are the deserts. My aunt makes “ritz surprise” every holiday and it is my favorite desert. I never knew what was inside it when I was young and I never even looked too appealing. After watching my dad hog the whole tray for years, I decided to give it a try one day and ever since then, I have been the hog. It seems to me that in most families, the mother is usually the cook. My household is the complete opposite. Even though my mom cooks a lot, my dad loves to cook and he makes pretty outstanding meals when he wants to. Since my mom usually gets off work later than he does, he cooks dinner more often than she does. There are some things that my mom can make better than he can and there are many things that he could make better than her. My family is known for making most things homemade. I absolutely love this part because I eat things that most of my friends have never heard of. It wouldn’t feel normal if at least some of or meals weren’t homemade. My family is full of great cooks and I know one day, I will be just as good.