Identity: Amoeba

Tanssia
You know that little microorganism that wriggles around underneath your biology lab class's microscope? It's invisible to the naked eye no matter how hard you squint but bam! once you've spun the correct lenses into place, this invisible speck becomes an actual living thing. And I think that's the kind of person I am.
I don't stand out. If I was in the crowd, I'd be just another face amongst the masses and that's okay with me. Attention has never been my forte. I enjoy the attention, because hey it's nice to know someone, anyone cares or even realizes my existence. I just don't thrive in it. Instead I wiggle uncomfortably, and vomit alien words. It just doesn't suit me.
That being said, I'd be lying if I said I never dreamed of being that girl amongst a crowd of friends all clamouring for my attention. Oh don't we all at one point wish for popularity and all its assumed blessings?
I'm in college now and everyone's screaming at me to get my life together, but all I can do is stand here and blink as the world continues to move on. I don't know who I am and sometimes I'm not even sure I want to know.
I mean...even though that amoeba is considered an inferior life form to us humans...aren't we kind of similar too? They live, they die. I kind of wish I could reproduce like amoebas but it's probably not good to have another me in the world. I feel lost like the amoeba trapped underneath the microscope, it just keeps wiggling on but it doesn't know where it's going or possibly even why. It's just moving because that's what it means to be alive.
So am I just going through the motions or is there a greater meaning to all this?? Is the person I want to be, who I am? Who am I?