STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am afraid of being alone in the darkness

virries_grhaeven
I am afraid of being alone in the darkness. The wind blew so fast and strong that I felt so cold. I was also hungry since my parents had gone to Australia for some more important than their own single child being alone at home business trip as always. They had gone for two days. I was fine on the first day they left since I invited some of my friends to stay in my house for one night for the next day is Sunday, the school day - off. But the day before I wrote this note, the scary movie of my own began. As I took my friends to the door house to say goodbye and to thank them for accompanying me that night, I heard a voice, an unfamiliar one, whispering in my ears. I forced myself not to believe in it. 'No, it's only my imagination. It doesn't really happen,' I said to myself. After they all went home, I didn't close the door. I thought I would let the sun shine came into the house. 'Braaak,' the door suddenly closed itself. The sky around the house became darker. It seemed like the storm, the heavy one, was coming. Lightning made such horrible noises outside. I didn't ran to my room as what those actors in horror movies always do. I always think if something bad happened, we should stay in the living room so that we could run outside and look for help. I prayed and hoped that my parents would suddenly be outside the door. I hoped someone would knock the door and save me. 'Anyone, please. Neighbors, friends, uncles, aunts, ANYONE!' I screamed. I was drowning in my own fear. The sky outside was getting darker, the condition in the house was even worse. 'No, no, I will die. I will die now,' I thought. As the lightning struck again, I screamed,'Mooooom!!' Still, no one was coming. I felt colder. I thought my blood had stopped running through my body. I sat near the window, hoping for a tiny light coming into the house. The lamp couldn't be turned on, the phone couldn't be used. I was alone in the dark. When I focused on my own fear, the voice came again. 'Watch out,' it said. As I became scared to death, the voice was louder and louder. As the voice screaming, I ran to the door, opened it, and the last thing I can remember, laid effortlessly right in front of my house with one of the big branches of the familiar big tree snabbed through my belly and blood covering the floor. The next day, which is today, I opened my eyes and realized that I have ended up laying on the bed in hospital. My parents sit quietly beside me with those smile of happiness and gratitude on their faces. None of them tells me what had actually happened to me. All I can remember had been written in the beginning of this story. All I can conclude is my fear of being alone in the darkness through the storm has caused me being in danger. All I can see is my own fear has put me on this hopital bed, yet brought my parents back.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for college students that allows Millennials the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for college students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about college students, quotes about college, and other resources about college here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor - review our Creative Writing Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy