Patriotism: I love my country for its national liberty.

anna1was
I love my country for its national liberty. America is a type of country that receives the power from the people; we live in a government that supports the people, by the people, and for the people. My family came to America in search of the American Dream. They didn’t have the freedom to participate in a lot of their personal satisfaction. In their time after World War II, the majority of Europe became a communist country, which meant no freedom of religion, right of speech, and especially petition of the government. All they were allowed to do was work all day, and went home to a loaf of bread, milk, and eggs. Their paycheck consisted of paying rent and food only. Also, there was a strict curfew; if you didn’t obey, you were punished. I remember my mother told me a story when she was growing up. She said, “My brother was an activist for freedom, and created a riot, he went to jail because freedom of speech wasn’t allowed.” What made their experience worse, was the government at the time had this little check-book. In that, check-book was my family’s pay checks and grocery’s. It was like a report card. If you failed your classes, then you failed. If they tried to trick, or lie to the government, they were in BIG trouble. They had enough, and came to America. They were in culture shook when they realized the freedom of style, speech, attitude, and personal satisfaction. I appreciate being raised in this country. I have the freedom to do what I please.

As my family, the pilgrims and the puritans discovered America back in the 1600’s. They needed to escape subjectivity, and found an opportunity for freedom in America. They didn’t have a choice to choose their speech, religion, or petition either. If they challenged the government, they were persecuted. During this time span England tried to conquer America, July 4th is the anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution, in 1776, Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, and the early settlers created a new government. Our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land. The Constitution establishes and defines the government, and protects the basic rights of Americans. The Constitution states, “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.” The first Ten Amendments of the Constitution are called the Bill of Rights; we have the right of speech, religion, assembly, press, petition the government, and bear arms. Yes, America struggled through the Mexican American, Spanish American, and Civil Wars. Nonetheless, together we stand or divided we fall. That’s why we are still standing.