Food for Thought: Who's the real turkey?

chasesmith64
Holidays are always big days for my family. It is the one time that we actually have a reason to sit around the table and stuff our faces with food. It is also usually the time of the season that we are up at 6 in the morning starting to prepare the food that we are making for seven in the evening. Yes, we do take an extremely long time to make our food but it is some of the best food that I have ever tasted. We usually make so much food that we eat left overs for the next week or two. The typical holiday meal includes putting so much food on the table that we can’t even eat off of it, and stuffing ourselves until we believe that we should have been the turkey that was cooking for the entire day. Afterwards we usually try to make room for amazing deserts such as pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, chocolate pie, and probably every other pie that you can find in a bakery. If we can’t make room for it then we just wait about ten minutes or so to go and stuff our faces even more with the desserts. At some point during this feast we normally manage to start at least one food fight where we fling peas or whipped cream across the room with spoons. Actually, the term food fight doesn’t even describe how bad it gets. It is more like an all-out food war that leave cool whip and mashed potatoes on the ceiling and we leave it to the dogs to clean up the mess that we made on the floor. We normally don’t come out of it without some kind of food being stuck in our hair. After we finish settling our disputes in the food war zone and after we clean up, we normally sit down in the living room and watch movies the rest of the night. This is a tradition that I will always be eager for throughout the entire year and will miss it the day after it’s gone.