Food For Thought: GMOs Across America

dylan.mccaughan
Food For Thought: GMO’s Across America
Food is an essential to everyday life for everyone. It comes in various ways and can be consumed in thousands of different ways. In contrast, not everyone knows exactly what they are eating. Labels are deceiving and reflect a false perception on food we eat each day.
Genetically modified foods are being seen all over the country. It is becoming an epidemic yet millions are completely unware they even exist. They are not natural and can even be harmful for your health. The average grocery store across the country has at least a few GMO’s in within their store. Farmers are genetically modifying more and more foods as time goes on. The increase from last year alone is tremendously frightening. It makes you wonder what are food will be like five years down the road from now. Not only are GMO’s a problem but also processed food. The amount of food that is processed is shocking. Farmers changed the way the produced food especially meat, to the factory system. The factor system is the assembly line system where one worker is assigned to do one thing and one thing only. This is an efficient way and a cheap way to do things which is the only concern for farms and producers. In contrast, it is also the unhealthy way. One gigantic change to food is the way chickens are raised and butchered. They are fed unnatural food to chickens to increase their body weight by two times the weight they were being raised at ten years ago. This is unnatural just like GMO’s. All these unhealthy eating happens need to change quickly before it is ultimately too late.
Changing the way we eat as a country will only benefit everyone. It will eventually lead to less health problems which is a big issue currently. Obesity is showing up in kids younger and younger. That is not normal and could be a direct result from the food industry. Take a stand on the food you eat and take time to learn about everything you are putting into your body. It is never too late to change an unhealthy lifestyle.